Honored Contributor

Re: Keeping Track of Easy Pays

Replying to my own post 

I figured out the problem

I purchased a D&B bag on EP and I do have a QVC credit card.

In their great wisdom they actually hit my account twice in one month.

I purchased it on 4 Easy Pays, approx $50 each.

On my November statement, the month where I got the letter saying I owed more $$$ to cover the EPs coming due, there were 2 EPs on the statement, #3 & #4.  One on 10/29 & one on 11/17.   Now I need to do more than just glance at my statement, one at a time.  I need to go back & review all of them to track the EP myself.   This was wrong but it's paid for now & I know what I need to do going forward

@software wrote:

I'm cured of the easy pay trap.    I get a statement from QVC telling me what I owe & when.   I schedule the appropriate payment, then I get a LETTER telling me I owe $___ (twice the amount I've scheduled) immediately or ELSE to cover the easy pays coming due.

I've been following along, playing their game and it bit me on the rump.

I'm done with it.

@Shawnie wrote:

I used easy pay once years ago accidentally.  I hated it.  What appeared to me to be random charges appeared on my credit card statement from QVC.  No idea how many payments i had left from looking at my credit card bill.  Would have to go back to my Q account and figure it out.  Never used it again.  I can see that people can have a horrible time of keeping up with what they have coming up and what purchase it was attributed to if they use the easy pay option frequently.  So, Hey QVC, what about an internal app that tracks the easy pays by month for us?  So you would pick Novemmber. click and it would show each easy pay and what it went with (like #2/4 on Dooney Bag $60, #1/6 on Vitamix $35).  That way when you are thinking of buying something ekse you can click on this option and see if it actually fits in your budget.

Contributor

Re: Keeping Track of Easy Pays

My cc was compromised and had to wait 10 days for the new one to arrive. I am disabled and shop on line but call in my orders, as I password protected my account. Of all the companies I have dealt with q was the only one who would not move my EZ pay back by a week. I ended up with a mess. Numbers CS couldn't even figure out. I notified the bank back & forth . Then bank made error just miserable and aggravating. Fraud said they turned it over to billing but when I called there was no record of billing errors. All the other companies were so kind & helpful, stating this is happening so often. I had no problems with their purchases. I couldn't even match numbers as they weren't the traditional number you see with the item & had crazy numbers at the end like 7&8 at the end. CS did not even understand it. EZ ending in 8 or 7  . Things were doubled and to be honest my vision is poor & tried to use a ruler to understand it. If CS never saw anything like it, the Q should have sent me a detailed letter with the numbers that match the item. 

Why Q was so uncooperative, who knows, but your competitors give CS the ability. To change my E Z pay schedule. So frustrating, I am sure I overpaid.

I  have met some wonderful CS employees at the Q and always try to reach their supervisors to give them the positive feedback. CS tries to transfer but it never goes through. All I get is a msg saying enter my mailbox number. Sad. Other companies ,their supervisors pick up the phone, or call me back . CS reps deserve positive feedback when well deserved. 

Also keep an eye out for receiving cancelled orders. Make sure you call CS. If Q error or defective you get refunded S&H both ways. Just make sure you call customer service so it may be in their notes , some don't bother, but the one's that work with great effort should be rewarded as assets to you team.  . Maybe have a CS complimentary line instead of your random surveys. You are missing golden opportunities on specific individuals that are an asset to yout team. 

Talk to other companies, how willing they are to work with you & your bank, when the bank was compromised and needs to give you a new card. Sorry to all the CS reps who tried to help last year. I appreciate you.