Honored Contributor

I'm glad you promoted Katie to daytime, and gave her her own show on Q2. She is very professional, and her voice is soothing and easy to listen to. Also, she doesn't speed-talk, or make it all about herself. 

Voice should be a higher priority when hiring hosts. Katie mentioned this afternoon that she took voice lessons for ten years. Well, it shows!

If l find the host's voice pleasant, l will leave the TV on, and I won't press the "mute" button. This increases the likelihood that l will order something, which is the goal here, isn't it?!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Katie McGee Is a Great Host

I wish they'd give her more air time on the main channel.  She's great!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I don't think a shopping channel will be thrilled to hear that the host sounds "soothing".  Sounds like you are ready for a nap.  It's a weird descriptive word in this context.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lol!! People around here seem to have little tolerance for speakers/voices they can't easily ignore. 'Oh, I just love so-and-so, it's so easy to sleep when she/he's on!'

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I don't think a shopping channel will be thrilled to hear that the host sounds "soothing".  Sounds like you are ready for a nap.  It's a weird descriptive word in this context.

@aggravated: Then let's just say her voice is pleasant, and not loud, high-pitched or annoying. She doesn't make me nervous, but she doesn't lull me to sleep either, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

@handygal2, I totally agree with your comments about Katie McGee and definitely understand what you mean by soothing.  She is a very professional host and has a calm, soothing voice.  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@aggravated I totally disagree. I don't buy easily from people who are raising their voice, pressuring me, etc. I am more prone to change channels.

A nice soothing voice like Katie's means I am more likely to stick around and see/hear what she is selling. Definitely a PLUS in my book (my POCKETbook!).

Esteemed Contributor

wrote

If l find the host's voice pleasant, l will leave the TV on, and I won't press the "mute" button. This increases the likelihood that l will order something, which is the goal here, isn't it?!

--------------------

I agree!  If not purchase, at least watch her show.  I am rarely watching the Q these days....

Respected Contributor

Katie is #1, in my books!! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Katie too. Pleasant, easy to listen to.  My point - I think the word soothing is weird here.