Honored Contributor

Re: Just Some Constructive Feedback

@ahoymate wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Luv2Watch.  I feel sure QVC will appreciate your pointing out discrepancies and will immediately initiate remedial training.

Really Kachina624? Not!

@ahoymate.  Definitely not.  TPTB at QVC couldn't care less.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

You are not alone because MANY posters have expressed similar concerns!😁 I am not usually bothered to the point of distraction by hosts descriptions or colloquialisms, but on the rare occasion when I am, I simply look for something else pleasing to watch!🥰 I believe one poster recommended closed captioning once, though I do not know how successful that would be for everyone.😊

I admire what they do because it MUST be difficult trying to present products in a manner that is acceptable to all viewers; hour upon hour.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@nelc wrote:
Interrupting the descriptions of the products just to go over colors is my pet peeve. It gets really annoying.

@nelc.  That's the producer in the ear, telling them to do that.  Actually it might be quite helpful for many since the color names are not always highly descriptive.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

While I certainly don't expect my personal viewpoints to change anything at QVC, I have heards several of the hosts in the past comment that they have regular meetings with their higher ups where they are critiqued on their performance and presentations, so I think that QVC does pay attention to these things when coaching and doing performance reviews on their staff.

Some hosts have mentioned this on-air when they have a blooper or goof up on something by saying, "Oh boy! I am going to hear about this during my weekly recap meeting."

Respected Contributor

I am sure they have meetings to discuss performance.  they probably have to watch tapes of themselves and others.  For all I know they might get praise for their selling style.  I don't begin to know how they are analyzed for their jobs.   Since we don't know what is on the yearly evaluation it hard for us to say!   Senior management may like it and encourage them to continue.I couldn't imagine having to wax poetic about some of the items that they sell.  It is a skill for sure! One I surely don't have!

Honored Contributor

I agree that hosting for most of the products aired would be a challenge. The products, and variations, are repeated over and over. I'd be so bored that I'd be adding filler words too. 

Respected Contributor

I had a teacher in elementary school, I think maybe 5th grade, who tried to teach us not to say "um/uh". I never realized how many times I said it before she brought it to our attention. I didn't learn well, I think I probably still say it all the time. It's one of those filler words because we don't value silence or pauses. I could never sell anything and never understand how people do it. Selling a ho-hum item and presenting it for 15 minutes or so must be extremely difficult. I know there are people who naturally can sell anything. I watched a presentation this morning for D&Co shorts; the entire presentation was spent on Gary telling they had 12 5-star reviews, mentioning the inseam only in the final seconds.

Honored Contributor

Either management does not care or a lot of complaints do not get to the proper people in charge because the recent changes such as the 50's thing or the actions of a couple of hosts and a vendor would have been severly dealt with.

Thats my opinion for what its worth.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

is this about a sales person on a shopping channel selling basic stuff?

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Contributor

I’m confused - several comments refer to the actions of two hosts and a vendor. What happened?