Honored Contributor

Judith Ripka Jewelry: I Used To Like It Better

This is my opinion, and l realize some of you may not agree with me. Judith Ripka jewelry used to be less expensive, but more expensive-LOOKING. Too many of her current offerings have Diamonique and yellow gold or rose gold plating. In the past, the pieces were unadulterated sterling silver with genuine gemstones. Those were more elegant-looking, and l bought several of them. Please bring back more of these.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka Jewelry: I Used To Like It Better

JR can't bring back the old days., - price of quality metals and stones are too expensive and QVC customer won't pay those high prices. So they make 'look alike' items but they  aren't worth anything if you were going to sell later.

For the real stuff - go to a jewelry store and you'll be better served.

Honored Contributor

While the cost of gold is still high, silver has actually come down.  For the price, I've become very disappointed in JR's offerings.  She was one of my favorite designers and now I am not as willing to spend two or three hundred dollars on an item with hollow links, clasps that don't work and break (line bracelets), stones falling out, or get shorted on a minimum weight of silver that's advertised.  That just happened to me with the initial heart bracelet. Yes, times have changed but quality in manufacturing shouldn't....  and as tempted as I am by how her pieces look, I doubt I'll be ordering any more.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I purchased the bracelet with the heart awhile back, think it was a TSV, not sure.. The heart was messed up, some of the diamonique stones were messed up. Anyway, my size was sold out by then so no exchange. I decided to keep it figuring no one would probably notice. Well I wish I had returned it. My bad. No one has noticed I'm sure but it bugs me, and as I've worn the bracelet, it feels too light anyway. 

All ol that just to say I probably won't be buying anymore. I have the ice cube bracelet which is fabulous and a ring, but both of those were purchased long ago.  

Honored Contributor

She sold the company and it shows.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Not to change the subject, but didn't she do shows in the past with her son and daughter in law?    Or am I thinking of some other vendor?

Respected Contributor

Yes her son and DIL have presented in the past. I like the bubbly blonde that fills in now. Sorry I do not remember her name.

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

This is my opinion, and l realize some of you may not agree with me. Judith Ripka jewelry used to be less expensive, but more expensive-LOOKING. Too many of her current offerings have Diamonique and yellow gold or rose gold plating. In the past, the pieces were unadulterated sterling silver with genuine gemstones. Those were more elegant-looking, and l bought several of them. Please bring back more of these.

I have to agree, I have some of her pieces from her first shows on the Q and I to say they are lovely.  I have a local jeweler that I use, he and his wife marveled at one of my JR bracelets , I thought their jaws would hit the floor when I told them what I paid years ago.  They told me I would never see those prices again and told me I should get it appraised as it appreciated several times my purchase price.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I would be happy if she would bring in some rope design jewelry without any stones or foofoo.  A rope design cuff watch would really make me happy.  I don't buy as much of JR because I don't care for the journey that she is on at this moment.