Regular Contributor
She needs news graphics. I'm so sick of her story over and over. But at least they can take a new tree and "first cold pressed" picture.
Valued Contributor

@MommaNJ wrote:
She needs news graphics. I'm so sick of her story over and over. But at least they can take a new tree and "first cold pressed" picture.

That is one vain and impressed with herself person. Needs a new story ITA.

Valued Contributor

She grew up in our area and is actually a very nice normal girl from a nice family. 

Valued Contributor

I love when she is on QVC. Really love the new whipped argan oil face butter. She is so sweet and has amazing products that I am so happy with...

Honored Contributor

No presentation is meant solely for anyone's entertainment.  It's not about you and you being bored with hearing the same story.  Don't forget the thousands who are just channel surfing and stop to watch (and buy) and to them the story is new.  That is how she discovered what argan oil can do and started her company so it's part of the presentation.   

Trusted Contributor

I think Josie is explaining how she discovered Argan oil for new customers who have never heard of it. She's very proud of her product. I have been using her oil since she first brought it to QVC and I love it. She's a very beautiful woman I love her style. The only thing that gets on my nerves is with all the models are rubbing his stuff all over themselves. LOL to much enough already!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think there is a consistent vision at QVC headquarters.  On one hand, they want to attract the channel surfers, the new customers.  On the other hand, they want to retain customers by making the hosts seem like our friends.  It's difficult to please both types of audiences, so it seems they're opting for an emphasis on the newcomers.  Since they own two stations, it would be nice if one catered to the drive-by new customers while the other catered to loyal viewers who would like to keep QVC on all day as background noise.  I used to be one who kept QVC on all day, but the repetitive presentations and weird schtick lost me.  

Honored Contributor

The applying of creams and oil all over the models bodies is rather gross after awhile....slimy, slippery greasy.....go take a bath looking models. Josie's hair looks greasy after she applies the oil again and again. I just want to say ENOUGH with the Oil application already!

Respected Contributor

My two cents: To me most of the vendors for cosmetics/skin care repeat themselves. They develop a script for their product(s) that they are comfortable with and stick with it. In addition to providing sales updates and presenting colors, I feel the hosts should converse with the vendors to help keep the sales pitch from becoming rote. This is true also with some of the clothing vendors who also seem to be on an autopilot description. Not everything is amazing, a must have, or major. The dialogue between host and vendor and the occasional phone callers helps to break up the memorized script. Some hosts are better than others at this. My only objection to Josie's presentations is that she starts to look greasy after reapplying products numerous times. She herself says a little goes a long way and then slathers it on and on until it looks unappealing.

Regular Contributor
I know that. But regardless of the same boring story I'm saying the least they could do is put some dif pics in the mix. There must be other angles to take a pic of the tree or someone else first cold pressing the nuts. It would be a mild change that could be something different.

I know all the cosmetics really say the same things over and over and I love Josie. There's just something about the repetition. I don't get that with IT or Jamie for example.