Contributor
Is the former host Jonathan Redford the same Jonathan Redford that was selling the squirrel brand one time on,y value tonight?
Honored Contributor

jmn28 wrote:
Is the former host Jonathan Redford the same Jonathan Redford that was selling the squirrel brand one time on,y value tonight?

Yes, @JMN73, that's the former host.  I believe he's been involved with that company for quite some time, based on other threads I read in the past.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
New Contributor

I sure wish he was still on QVC.  I used to enjoy watching him late night!

Honored Contributor

I wonder why some hosts decide to quit being a QVC host and represent a brand instead. This is the 3rd one I know of (there probably is more)...

Johnathan Redford - Squirrel brand

Lisa Mason (for a time with Super Smile)

and Laurie Shore is the rep for Mrs Prindables...

Too bad I couldn't interview them...LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I wonder why some hosts decide to quit being a QVC host and represent a brand instead. This is the 3rd one I know of (there probably is more)...

Hi, Susan....It would be nice if you could interview them for the real reason....but my guess is they wanted a more stable job ..where their days and hours were...M to F...8 to 5...and only vary when they have to come to the Q. to sell the product...

Or, maybe standing in front of a camera for  three or four hours hawking stuff...and then all the hours they have to put in before and after their shifts...not to mention the varied hours the Q. assigned them....

Honored Contributor

I think Jonathan is a musician/actor and he wanted to persue that, also he never seemed comfortable as a host to me. Jonathan is such a great looking guy, he certainly is a great rep. for Squirrel Brand.

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I believe I can give you some insight into these three previous hosts.

Jonathan didn't quit, he was terminated for low and slow sales.

Lisa did quit and just preferred to do something else for various reasons. It's easy for a vendor to grab a host after leaving QVC. Some get notice of the impending leave and ask for them. Others just know the hosts as well as we do and want them.

Laurie Shore quit to stay at home and raise her brand new daughter. Then , when she got older, she went to work for Mrs. Prindables, but I believe she is considered part-time help. She must leave her time open for her church work.  (Her husband is a minister of a church.

Hope that answers questions about those three hosts.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise

Add Lena to the mix-

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Please-Join-me-in-Welcoming-Lena-McIlwain/ba-p/2020205?cm_ven=FB&c...

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise

Add Lena to the mix-

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Please-Join-me-in-Welcoming-Lena-McIlwain/ba-p/2020205?cm_ven=FB&c...

@lolakimono  OMG! TY for the info. I hardly ever read the blogs...

I always wondered about what happened to her...

Still wonder why some hosts choose to be a rep to a company and not continue to be a show host...

Maybe a demanding schedule? Less involved -time? At the same time, probably less pay...don't know...I'm only guessing Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor