Honored Contributor

I know some people may look at me and say --- Why is she always wearing sneakers -- with everything?  Well, it's not because I want to, it's because of health issues and they are the only thing I can wear now!  I realize and know that times have changed and for the most part, most of us are a lot more relaxed in the way we dress.  Believe me, if I did not HAVE to wear these dumb shoes all the time, I wouldn't!  I was always shoe obsessed and wore shoes that matched every outfit.

I think some people just dress for comfort, and fashion and style is just not important to them.  I do think though there is a time and place for everything, but that is a personal choice.  I can say that I have on many occasions seen people in stores, etc. wearing what undoubtedly looked like pajama bottoms and also slippers.  But --- whatever!  I love my pajamas but I would not go out in public in them! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

First, they are selling what brings in sales!  Also they do not look like the old time pj's of yesteryear and are appropriate to wear in public casually.    

I know very few women that wear dresses and skirts anymore to a family gathering or even to church since the '60's. Comfort is way better!!  That being said , no one is being forced to buy and wear what they do not like and  there are so many options in between  "joggers/pajamas" and dresses/skirts available to accommodate everyone.    I say just worry about what you like to wear and let others do the same!!

Sorry but they are still pj's and I would never be seen in them outside my home, but of course that is my choice.  A while back I was shopping and saw someone wearing a nightgown with shrug that I own. I had to laugh that she was actually wearing this shopping.  Why is it so difficult to put on a pair of pants and top?  I wear dresses and skirts all the time and they are just as comfortable if not more so than pants, especially in hot weather.  I see plenty of people wearing dresses especially in the summer.  I don't "worry" about what others wear, I just find it lazy and inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

We have rural mail delivery. One of our carriers delivers (doesn't get out of her car) in PJs.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

@Still Raining  You've never seen anyone out in their PJ's?!!  You should come to my neighborhood.  I've seen people of various ages in pajamas for years out and about.  And I mean obvious pajamas.  I worked at a grocery store for awhile and saw alot of it all times of day.

My family would wonder about me at a gathering in a dress, too.  Comfort doesn't gave to be sloppy is my motto.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor
I agree with Biftu, Dresses and skirts are very very comfortable, especially during the warmer months. The whole trend of wearing pajama pants and sweatshirts is just an excuse for laziness or low self esteem
Respected Contributor

The time for pj's and loungers has passed its' prime.  It has been passed for many months.  On another forum a poster had stated that SK had said pj's would stop in January and regular clothes would start up. Well, it is the end of March and No end in site.   Looking at the Q's quarterly report with sales down, it doesn't seem as though TPTB have gotten the message.  We are tired of pj's, move on to something new.   I also like wearing skirts, skorts, shorts in the Spring and Summer.  Dresses and heels when we go out to dinner or for some drinks.  PJ's, loungewear, slippers are not items I wear outside of my house.