Trusted Contributor

Jewelry Measurements

[ Edited ]

I know this has been brought up in the past but I wish QVC would use mm sizes to describe gemstone size.  Sometimes the gemstone is substantial looking in size to the total length or width of the ring - sometimes it's not and it would be good to have the exact specification made in the description before purchasing.  I worked in a jewelry store and mm size  seemed to be a standard for measurement.  

Honored Contributor

It would also be nice if they would state the gram weight of the metal....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

If we have the size of the stones, we could judge the price better.  That wouldn't do.

I also notice that they rarely show the inside of the band for gold rings.  Hollowed out much?????

Esteemed Contributor

@nova. I agree with you.  I've stopped buying jewelry from here.  There is another channel where the hosts are extremely knowledgeable about gemstones.  They also give gram weight of the metals, origin of the gemstones, and whether or not specific gemstones are treated.  

Respected Contributor

I prefer gem measurements in millimeters.  With this kind of measurement you know exactly how big it is.   It is more accurate than saying an item is 1/4 inch or 3/8 of an inch.

Pearls are graded in millimeters and it is a great system. 

Honored Contributor

QVC is the only place in the world that describes the size of a watch dial and band or strap in inches instead of millimeters.  They should use the industry standard like everyone else.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

All the other networks use mm's.  Quit dumbing things down for us.