Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jewel Tones are so...passe!

I hardly ever wear pastels because I look washed out! Rarely wear whites, eggshells, beiges, blacks, browns and grays, they make me look pale.  I need good, vivid colors up by my face.

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm "passe".  I LOVE jewel tones!!!!  Actually, I love most colors....jewel tones, muted, pastels, etc.  

Honored Contributor

I am a "cool"..........maybe even COLD.   Jewel tones are "my thing" !

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cat Very HappySusan is not the only one.  Issac has some colors that you can direct traffic in.  Who wants to wear colors like that?  You would think they would learn what women want. 

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

IF you live in NY I am sure there are lots of stores for you to buy from rather than buying Susan Graver on QVC.  I really don't care what is or is not passé.  I buy,colors that 

Look good on me and grey, olive, beige, brown, yellow are not among them

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Slopester wrote:

Susan Graver-No more jewel tones, please. Haven't you ever heard of magenta, grey, olive, ecru, pink, -neutrals , pastels please.Red, blue, white, green, black, yellow!!! Enough already. Women in NY  rarely wear your strong colors. They are too harsh. Olive and grey always sell out first in other lines. Women crave neutrals.Think about it.

Women in New York wear jewel tones. Manhattan is full of chic women dressed in black with jewel tone accents in their clothing. Pastels I don't see often but the last time I went to a 5 star restaurant in New York, I saw a sea of black with accents of bright colors. Olive I never see except on kids on the subway going back and forth from school....

Respected Contributor

I  am a native  New Yorker,  I love jewel tones, I find pastels

wash me out.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Cat Very HappySusan is not the only one.  Issac has some colors that you can direct traffic in.  Who wants to wear colors like that?  You would think they would learn what women want. 

I'm sure they have learned what women buy - which is why they offer exactly what they offer. The OP may not like it; you may not like it. If 100 people (grossly exaggerating) on these forums say they hate certain colors and will not buy, and 10,000 people are buying, they are seriously going to go with what sells. Because two people or ten people don't like "whatever" doesn't mean QVC is going to cater to the few when the many are selling. Why should they? 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I guess I am "passe" then. Years ago I had my color chart done for my hair/skin tone...jewel tones are best for my coloring. I do NOT wear beige/brown colors at all (don't even own them). I  wear what looks best on me, not what everyone else is wearing.

Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

I guess I am "passe" then. Years ago I had my color chart done for my hair/skin tone...jewel tones are best for my coloring. I do NOT wear beige/brown colors at all (don't even own them). I  wear what looks best on me, not what everyone else is wearing.

Same here.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all