Super Contributor

Jane Treacy/Lug Bags/Covid 19

Please educate Jane on Covid 19. Grocercy Stores DO NOT want customers taking their own bags to the store given how long the virus lives on surfaces. What she recommended was negligent. Not once did Amy the creator, suggest taking her bags to the store. Thank you Amy.
Valued Contributor

Re: Jane Treacy/Lug Bags/Covid 19

Sorry but you are not correct with that statement - the grocery stores and drug stores I shop in DO ALLOW your own bags - you have to pack them yourself though - 

Trusted Contributor

i bring my own bags and grocery stores allow it.
Esteemed Contributor

@cef001 Why be so sour to direct such a complain at JT?  It's not necessary.  Different parts of this country have changed policy regarding plastic bags vs cloth.  There was a lawsuit by the plastic industry for not having adequate time to challenge the no plastic law.  Therefore things were changing before the virus.  Cloth can hold bacteria and plastic may not. 

I suggest you research for some facts - not anger.

Super Contributor

Stores DO NOT recommend it. You can bring them in but they DO NOT recommend it.
Respected Contributor

@cef001 wrote:
Please educate Jane on Covid 19. Grocercy Stores DO NOT want customers taking their own bags to the store given how long the virus lives on surfaces. What she recommended was negligent. Not once did Amy the creator, suggest taking her bags to the store. Thank you Amy.

I'm sorry but @coco14  is correct.  We take our own bags to the grocery store and I take my handbag in also.

Respected Contributor

Depends what state you are in

Super Contributor

Grocery stores do not recommend bringing cloth bags in given how long the virus lives on surfaces. You can bring whatever you want in, but they do not recommened it.
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@cef001 Why be so sour to direct such a complain at JT?  It's not necessary.  Different parts of this country have changed policy regarding plastic bags vs cloth.  There was a lawsuit by the plastic industry for not having adequate time to challenge the no plastic law.  Therefore things were changing before the virus.  Cloth can hold bacteria and plastic may not. 

I suggest you research for some facts - not anger.

I agree... And Amy 'the creator'... Really... For pity sake, she hawks nylon handbags, she didn't hang the moon....

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Again, grocery stores do not recommend it. Anger only toward the uneducated regarding this virus.