Esteemed Contributor

It would be nice to keep prices consistent

I purchased a Berkshire throw (2 in fact), and two colors had reduced prices, while the others were a few bucks more. They're summer weight throws, so they shouldn't be pricey to begin with. Low and behold, today the prices jumped up without warning, even though the video still states two colors are reduced pricing. Well I understand that it could be for limited time, when they have a sale, it would be nice to put a disclaimer "limited time only". Or change your video. The constant changing of prices is a turn off. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: It would be nice to keep prices consistent

@Effie54 

I’ll be 76 in a few days and I can tell you dear, NOTHING in life is ‘consistent’ except ‘inconsistency’.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54    Unless you live under a rock, you should have an inkling as to why prices fluctuate.  Normally retail prices change constantly but with our economic situation currently, they're really up and down, more up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Effie54    Unless you live under a rock, you should have an inkling as to why prices fluctuate.  Normally retail prices change constantly but with our economic situation currently, they're really up and down, more up.

Yes, I know everything is going up price wise. But my point was it would be nice if they had written for a limited time only, or put a new video to reflect the price.

Trusted Contributor

@Effie54:

It drives me NUTS when QVC and Amazon change prices hourly, daily, whenever...

However, I grew up at a time when a product had one price, and then ONLY went down in price when it was on sale.  It didn't go back up an hour or a day or a week later.

Esteemed Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

@Effie54:

It drives me NUTS when QVC and Amazon change prices hourly, daily, whenever...

However, I grew up at a time when a product had one price, and then ONLY went down in price when it was on sale.  It didn't go back up an hour or a day or a week later.

Yes! Thank you! Exactly, well put. If I go to Kohl's and look at an item, and go back the next day, and even the next day, the price is usually still the same, unless it's on sale. The price doesn't go up and down like a teeter totter.  I find this an exasperating practice on the Q and Amazon! If the price is going to be low, then at least give a heads up so those on the fence can buy it. 

Respected Contributor

Prices can change moment to moment, reflecting up-to-the-second changes in supply and demand.  Online products reflect changes faster, in part because unlike in a box store, there's no need for staff to spend time walking around to update labels. Better get used to this, especially during the worst inflationary period  in 40 years (think gas prices, which often show hikes more than once a day at the same station).

Respected Contributor

Prices change at Macy’s and Kohls all the time.
Valued Contributor

I don't think QVC is gonna cut us any slack during this recession that's about to happen.

makes me wonder when people won't be able to purchase at these prices anymore. For the first time today I paid over $50 for a tank of gas. I am blessed because I am retired and don't have to drive like I used to but I worry about my grandchildren and family.