Contributor

If we could give our credit cards a nickname like other websites. I have my mother's card on my account and I only use it to buy her things but I have accidently used her card for my purchases and then i have to deal with paying her so she can pay her credit card off each month.  I have 2 other cards that I like to manage as well. If I could just change the name on the cards I could mange them better. Thx

Honored Contributor

@Starfish Just a thought, not being mean. You need to figure out an efficient way to keep track of your CC purchases.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What websites allow you to assign different names to cards other than your real name?  Can you give an example?

I've never seen this.  

Your best bet is to have separate accounts for yourself and your mother.  Use one card for each account. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have two cards on my account. I always make sure I pay attention to which Card I´m using before I press that key.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

What websites allow you to assign different names to cards other than your real name?  Can you give an example?

I've never seen this.  

Your best bet is to have separate accounts for yourself and your mother.  Use one card for each account. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All she has to do is pay attention to which Card she´s using.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I've never seen this.  

@Foxxee 

Of course the actual credit card has the account holders real name on it. What she means is, when we create an account here, you can store more than one credit card. ( Discover, AmEx, Visa, etc) She wants to give each account a nickname to differentiate between the cards.

For example, Discover is nicknamed "Teddy Bear", AmEx is nicknamed "Orchid", Visa is nicknamed "Castle".

So, when it comes time to check out, she knows that "Teddy Bear" is her mom's card, and "Castle" is her card.

Make sense?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

I've never seen this.  

@Foxxee 

Of course the actual credit card has the account holders real name on it. What she means is, when we create an account here, you can store more than one credit card. ( Discover, AmEx, Visa, etc) She wants to give each account a nickname to differentiate between the cards.

For example, Discover is nicknamed "Teddy Bear", AmEx is nicknamed "Orchid", Visa is nicknamed "Castle".

So, when it comes time to check out, she knows that "Teddy Bear" is her mom's card, and "Castle" is her card.

Make sense?

Esteemed Contributor
@Starfish, the last 4 digits of the Card shows up. That might help.That might be the easiest way to tell yours from your Mom's.
Honored Contributor

Re: It would be helpful..

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Foxxee 

Make sense?

@Anonymous032819 

I understood before you felt the need to instruct me on understanding credit cards and nicknames.

I'm responsible for what I say, not how you interpret what I say.  

Often there are several ways of interpreting something someone said, particularly, when it's a short statement.  

When more detail isn't available, wouldn't it be nice if posters were given the benefit of all doubt at times when it's obvious...like experienced online shoppers know if they want to pay by credit card, they must post a card that's in their own name. 

That, the credit card is linked to the bank that issued the card in that person's real name. In no way, would a bank accept a nickname.  I think PayPal customers can use a code number, but I don't use it, so I don't know how it works.  

I remember my cards by their last 4 digits.  It works for me.  

Also, I asked the OP for a website that uses nicknames, not names of credit cards from a poster.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Foxxee 

Make sense?

@Anonymous032819 

I understood before you felt the need to instruct me on understanding credit cards and nicknames.

I'm responsible for what I say, not how you interpret what I say.  

Often there are several ways of interpreting something someone said, particularly, when it's a short statement.  

When more detail isn't available, wouldn't it be nice if posters were given the benefit of all doubt at times when it's obvious...like experienced online shoppers know if they want to pay by credit card, they must post a card that's in their own name. 

That, the credit card is linked to the bank that issued the card in that person's real name. In no way, would a bank accept a nickname.  I think PayPal customers can use a code number, but I don't use it, so I don't know how it works.  

I remember my cards by their last 4 digits.  It works for me.  

Also, I asked the OP for a website that uses nicknames, not names of credit cards from a poster.  

Of course a bank isn't going to accept a nickname.

Think of it this way.

When one shops at Acme Retailer on line, they can use a Discover card, Amex, Visa.

You can store your credit card information on that website.

Say one likes to use the Discover card on certain items, and Visa on other items at this website.

Think of each card being stored in a "folder".

The folder needs a name to differentiate it from a different folder that another credit card information is stored in.

For example, let's say that the Discover card is in one folder, named "teddy bear", and the Visa credit card information is stored in a different folder named "Castle" .

Now, these folder names have absolutely zero connection to the bank.

It's just a way for the consumer to categorize which card is which in Acme's website.

For example, when I set up my account to pay my water bill on line, I had to supply a credit card in my name.

There is a link on my water district website where I can store more than one credit card information.

On that website, I was asked "Do you want to give this card a name?"

Now, it's still my name on the card ( Sarah Jones 1234 5678 9087 6543). And when I use that card, the money comes out of my account under my name, Sarah Jones.

The nickname only applies to my water account, so I can differentiate between that cards, and another card that I have on file with the water company.

I hope that clears up any confusion.😊

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.