Valued Contributor

It would be SO helpful...

[ Edited ]

If advance sales were done on TSV  clothing items so that customers who receive the item first could offer their comments about the sizing.  It is always difficult to decide on a size with no reviews about sizing.

Honored Contributor

Re: It would be SO helpful...

[ Edited ]

Sorr for the duplicate.  This board is wonky this morning. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but many if not most of the TSVs, including clothing, do offer advance sales if you are an Insider member.  I have read a lot of reviews for clothing items prior to the actual TSV date. 

I think your best bet is to look at the Click Here measurements and use that as your guide.  There are so many conflicting reviews about sizing.  Just recently I was reading reviews for a clothing item and reviews said it ran small, some said it ran big and others said it was true to size.

Either the garments are hugely inconsistent in sizing or people have no idea what size they should be wearing.

Honored Contributor

How would reading what someone says about her own size issues help you?  Or anyone else?   Sizing is easy; you take your measurements with a tape measure or have a someone do that for you.  And then you use the size chart to determine your size.  It's not hard.  There are also garment measurements but frankly, I never understood how that could work.   They do have advance orders on many TSV's but you have only know if you get the Insider.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

How would reading what someone says about her own size issues help you?  Or anyone else?   Sizing is easy; you take your measurements with a tape measure or have a someone do that for you.  And then you use the size chart to determine your size.  It's not hard.  There are also garment measurements but frankly, I never understood how that could work.   They do have advance orders on many TSV's but you have only know if you get the Insider.  

you can use the actual garment measurements against your own body to see what size you need.

use the shoulder measurement after measuring across your own shoulder, arm length etc.  rise etc  

Trusted Contributor

I ALWAYS check garment measurements, and ALWAYS read reviews if they are available.  I am sometimes a large, and sometimes an extra large.  The reviews help me as much as the garment measurements.

Valued Contributor

I agree that I’ve seen conflicting reviews regarding size, but many times there will be several reviews in agreement that a garment runs large or small.  I do check the measurements, duh, but we all know they aren’t always accurate and the extra insight provided by reviews is sometimes helpful.  Returns are pricey.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but many if not most of the TSVs, including clothing, do offer advance sales if you are an Insider member.  I have read a lot of reviews for clothing items prior to the actual TSV date. 

I think your best bet is to look at the Click Here measurements and use that as your guide.  There are so many conflicting reviews about sizing.  Just recently I was reading reviews for a clothing item and reviews said it ran small, some said it ran big and others said it was true to size.

Either the garments are hugely inconsistent in sizing or people have no idea what size they should be wearing.

@Lipstickdiva

I tend to think they don't know their body measurements and don't understand how much wearing ease they need/want between their measurements and the "click here" numbers.  And, woven fabrics need more ease than knit fabrics.

I only had to exchange one item for size issues.  It fit ... but not enough room to wear a sweater under the jacket.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

you can use the actual garment measurements against your own body to see what size you need.

use the shoulder measurement after measuring across your own shoulder, arm length etc.  rise etc  

Exactly.  The other sizing chart is just a generic chart for all Q's clothes across the board.  I go by the specific click her measurements for each clothing item.