Honored Contributor

Re: It's outrageous and something should be done...

@febe1.  First, my Walmart says Corky's dinners are a little under $7.00.  Secondly, they say they're currently unavailable.

QVC dinners are shipped by Corky's in special packaging with dry ice by 2nd day air freight.  You pay for this convenience.

Went to McDonalds, got a quarter pounder with medium Coke and fries.  It was $10.  I would have gladly paid $1 more for Corky's dinner, which was delivered to me.  Much tastier.

I won't be writing a letter and think you're off-base on this one.  Corky's seems to be somewhat of a bargain.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

You pay for convenience, and there is a market for these things. My son is single and NOT a cook, plus he gets home late some nights and not much time to. He belongs to one of those subscription meal prep companies and it's expensive but for someone like him who hates to cook I guess it's worth it.

Respected Contributor

@febe1 

why are you telling folks what to do/buy?

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Super Contributor

Take deep breath. This is not worth upsetting yourself over. 

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Shame and highway robbery by the Q for their recent TSV of Corky's Microwave dinners at $69. for six of them.

You can buy these dinners at Walmart for $4.85. Demands should be made for retribution and price returns.

The Q does the pricing. They charge $69. for six while you can pay approx. $30. for six at Walmart.

Those who have purchased should do some calling and letter writing to get your money back!

This should be done every time the Q goes so far as to rob you!

-------

BUYER BEWARE. No one is forced to buy from here- 

Honored Contributor

How are they robbing people??????   Every time we buy something, WE MAKE YHE DECISION TO BUY.  QVC doesn't force us.  QVC doesn't hide the price or the shipping charge.  People bought those dinners knew what they were doing.  I don't why you are so hysterical, no one spent your money for those dinners or anything else Qvc sells.  But the thought of thousands of people marching to Qvc demanding retribution for some frozen dinners did make me laugh.

Trusted Contributor

I don't get the outrage.  We are all adults here, and we are all aware that there are other places to shop for the same brand, although the offerings themselves might be different.  We all know what we are willing to pay for something - to buy or skip.  Why should we be outraged for somebody else who isn't outraged and doesn't feel the price offered is too much?  I don't get that kind of thinking.

Respected Contributor

I don't think it's necessary to crucify the OP.

She has an opinion and probably thinks she may be helping some other people.

Yes, she came on strong, however, why make a bigger issue out of it.  Just sayin.... Cat Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@kindred cats 

1.  Nobody is crucifying the OP.  People are just stating why they disagree. 

2.  She's the one who chose to make it a big deal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@kindred cats 

1.  Nobody is crucifying the OP.  People are just stating why they disagree. 

2.  She's the one who chose to make it a big deal.

@Kachina624 

Just goes to show you how each of us has our own interpretation. Cat Wink