Esteemed Contributor

It's outrageous and something should be done...

Shame and highway robbery by the Q for their recent TSV of Corky's Microwave dinners at $69. for six of them.

You can buy these dinners at Walmart for $4.85. Demands should be made for retribution and price returns.

The Q does the pricing. They charge $69. for six while you can pay approx. $30. for six at Walmart.

Those who have purchased should do some calling and letter writing to get your money back!

This should be done every time the Q goes so far as to rob you!

Honored Contributor

Re: It's outrageous and something should be done...

Retribution????

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Is someone forcing you to buy this item?

Honored Contributor

It is up to the customer to get the best value for their money.  Buyer beware!  Have never, will never buy food from the shopping channels.

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 - Your outrage is really not warranted. If you can get a better deal on Corky's, by all means, do so. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything from QVC.

Those who choose to purchase from QVC may not be able to get these meals in their area (I didn't buy them, but they aren't available near me), or they may not be able to get to a store, or they may simply be willing to pay extra for the convenience of delivery at their doorstep (which is likely one of the reasons for a higher price—shipping is never truly free). So many factors go into each product offering and customer sale that it is not possible to determine all the reasons why something is a "good deal" to some but not to others.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1      To add insult to injury is when they see and taste these dinners.  I got a couple from the store to try once.  The portions are tiny and they're not that good!  I'd hate for people to think barbecue is supposed to taste like this!   I can guarantee they don't serve such a small plate at their restaurants.

Plus, $69 was the TSV price!  Probably $20 more at the regular price!  

Esteemed Contributor

I have only purchased a few food items from QVC and will never do so again.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Shame and highway robbery by the Q for their recent TSV of Corky's Microwave dinners at $69. for six of them.

You can buy these dinners at Walmart for $4.85. Demands should be made for retribution and price returns.

The Q does the pricing. They charge $69. for six while you can pay approx. $30. for six at Walmart.

Those who have purchased should do some calling and letter writing to get your money back!

This should be done every time the Q goes so far as to rob you!

@febe1 WHAT?  Nobody is putting a gun to anyone's head to buy them.  Good grief.  It's not a divine right to get a good price on microwave food.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Retribution????

@Desertdi wrote:

Retribution????

As in reward or recompense. Maybe a poor choose, @Desertdi .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is the packing and dry ice and to ship quickly also.  Worth it for many.  N o one is forced to buy!!!