Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics Presentation

All the way to the bank!

Super Contributor

I agree but they probably feel like if its broke dont fix it .. right ? This is an extremely successful brand at the Q and other places. The Q offers such great deals that ppl who love this brand get notified and shop online. New customers listen to the presetation, so they hook them with all the info about the blah blah ....if your fav .product was on all day like this brand is at times with the sales and values the Q offers would you not be loving it? So thats my quess, the presentations are fir new customers not for ppl that have been watching forever. You can shop the line when presented .
Respected Contributor

@Grace6663582 

I agree, a lot of the presentations are for first time customers.  Susan Graver says the same thing over and over again too; to grab the new customer.  Easier to check out the items recently on air and then watch the video if it looks like something that you might be interested in.

Trusted Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Perhaps the only thing worse than listening to these repetetive sales pitches is having to be the person giving them!  

The people we see representing It Cosmetics make a ton of money.  They are not working for minimum wage.

True, but imagine if your whole life was just repeating the same keywords and catchphrases over and over and over!  I'd feel like a robot!  A really stupid robot.

Really talented people can "say" the same thing over and over but do it in a different way each and every time.

Too bad the people that hire at It Cosmetics don't know this.  Their crew is not the best out there by far.

Trusted Contributor

@countrylady wrote:

All the way to the bank!

For now.

They are owned by L'Oreal.  Let's see what transpires.

Contributor

I wish they would explain what plastic surgeons have to do with IT line. I agree with everyone that the presentations are too hyped, dont care to watch.

Contributor

Jamie Kern Lima, the co-founder and CEO of IT Cosmetics, has landed on Forbes' list of "America's Richest Self-Made Women." Last year, the world's largest beauty company, L'Oreal, purchased her company for more than a billion dollars.May 31, 2017

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@courttalk and All, in my experience, the basic plan for many of these brands is to become successful so that they are purchased by a larger company and the owners and investors can cash out much richer than before.  Although I have no experience in the beauty industry, it seems to be the pattern (IT and Tatcha recently) and, in my experience, quite the pattern in the medical device and diagnostic industry.  It’s a great gig if you are the founder or early investor.

Trusted Contributor

@courttalk wrote:

Jamie Kern Lima, the co-founder and CEO of IT Cosmetics, has landed on Forbes' list of "America's Richest Self-Made Women." Last year, the world's largest beauty company, L'Oreal, purchased her company for more than a billion dollars.May 31, 2017

And let's be clear.  She got half of that.  The investment company got the other half.