Honored Contributor

Re: Is it time for the “higher ups” to offer constructive criticism to hosts?

@Styleovertrend wrote:

I think it would be easy to fine tune and tweak if "they" looked at the majority of comments by many, many who have left QVC and stated why. Constructive critism is based on VALID and well-reasoned OPINIONS, both positive and NEGATIVE! 

Gosh, this again?

I think maybe it just isn't getting through that the posters on this forum do NOT represent the majority of shoppers!

It represents OUR opinions and experiences!  Not every ones.

Let's say you could even validate 100 shoppers on here who stated they were leaving.

Actually, you can't.  Because many who threaten and stomp they will never shop again HAVE and continue to post more complaints even though they said they were done.  There is one such thread today.

But let's say you can...QVC is in 95 million households!  You do the math.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that the issues aren't bad and yes, have gotten worse.  I am not saying there should not be some major changes, there should.

I am just saying, you can't stand on the complaints posted here as an indication that the majority of shopppers have left.  The complaints and threats are from the same people over and over.

So the complaint gets 20 hearts in agreement...again, do the math. 

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Styleovertrend wrote:

I think it would be easy to fine tune and tweak if "they" looked at the majority of comments by many, many who have left QVC and stated why. Constructive critism is based on VALID and well-reasoned OPINIONS, both positive and NEGATIVE! 

Gosh, this again?

I think maybe it just isn't getting through that the posters on this forum do NOT represent the majority of shoppers!

It represents OUR opinions and experiences!  Not every ones.

Let's say you could even validate 100 shoppers on here who stated they were leaving.

Actually, you can't.  Because many who threaten and stomp they will never shop again HAVE and continue to post more complaints even though they said they were done.  There is one such thread today.

But let's say you can...QVC is in 95 million households!  You do the math.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that the issues aren't bad and yes, have gotten worse.  I am not saying there should not be some major changes, there should.

I am just saying, you can't stand on the complaints posted here as an indication that the majority of shopppers have left.  The complaints and threats are from the same people over and over.

So the complaint gets 20 hearts in agreement...again, do the math. 

Why does it matter that people on these forums won't change anything? Everyone is entitled to post their opinion, the OP, others, and you.  

For the 50 years I worked, all I heard was that for every person who complains, there are 20 more who might think the same but don't speak out.  I worked for a couple of large businesses, an international Fortune 500 business (40 years), and even some semi-small businesses.  They all said it.

You also have the option of not reading and posting on these kinds of post.

Valued Contributor

@ellaphant then maybe send out an opinion poll to their millions of Q Card holders and customers and ask they what they like and don't like about the Q. I'm guessing they would get a lot of responses just like you see here. It goes deeper than Altoid eating and glasses.

Valued Contributor

@SuhseK constructive criticism is both negative and positive. If enough people are saying it and backing it up with reasonable opinions, then there IS something to what is being said. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@CalminHeart EXACTLY! What corp. who relies on selling would not ask or listen to the comments, complaints, compliments of their bread and butter!!!!! It's obvious the Q is in a downward spiral with MANY issues and have changed little. That trend will continue until they wake up to the public that buys their goods.

Valued Contributor

@Pook I have fortunately gotten all my things in a reasonable amount of time and had a couple returns processed without a problem. I also have purchased from several other companies in the peak of the pandemic with no issues at all getting my items in a timely manner, not 3-6 weeks. To not see the Q as have real problems (not just whining) is like not realizing why one needs to wear a face mask. It's real.

Trusted Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

@SuhseK constructive criticism is both negative and positive. If enough people are saying it and backing it up with reasonable opinions, then there IS something to what is being said. 

---------

There are many valid complaints, posted, regarding issues, people have had, of course.  

I also agree, with another poster, companies do solicit, and, want to hear, customer feedback.  I would imagine, that also includes, QVC.  

When it comes to the hosts, I think it's a safe assumption, that QVC knows, there are hosts that appeal to many people, and at the same time, many others, don't like them.  I expect that's true of every host.  

Honored Contributor

Most people who post here a lot are old.  Otherwise they'd be too busy with work, kids, errands, etc. to be on here much. 

So I doubt seriously we are representative of their main demographic. 

Trusted Contributor

I think it might make more sense to say that "constructive feedback" offers both positive and negative information. To call it "constructive criticism" implies that it it all negative. 

Esteemed Contributor

As long as you are posting, negative or positive about QVC hosts you are watching, so that is all that matters to the powers that be.