Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is it me or is shipping getting worse and worse????

[ Edited ]

I used to order a lot of items from the linea line. I have stopped for some time now because of the shipping and handling and the long wait time. QVC get your act together, you would think with these shipping and handling prices our items should come in a timely manner. I do not miss the shopping experience   with QVC or HSN.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabeI was right.  My Spanx is on the mail truck for today's delivery - and I'm perfectly happy with the processing and delivery time. 

btw-  the timing of this package was typical for me, but the path through the PO was different -  pretty much a straight line from north to south and fewer stops along the way than I sometimes see in the tracking. 

I can't for the life of me imagine why, but this order took 10 fewer days to arrive than an ordinary envelope mailed from Ohio to my Florida address.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jeannetoo wrote:

I was just thinking that today.  It depends on the item and where it is coming from. I have items that were supposed to come by today.  Zilch..have not even reach uspo and some are in processing after 3-4 days.  I find fashions are particularly bad.  My plow and hearth got here in 2 days. How does amazon do it, and FREE ship and returns?😝

@jeannetoo  I bolded your last sentence so I may just add my thoughts on it..  They do it solely to crush the competition, even if it means they have to lose money here and there.

I too find  QVC shipping to be very frustrating.  Especially when it's more of an impulse purchase that you're really excited about getting.  By the time it arrives, 10-12 days later, I've completely lost interest and wish I didn't order altogether. 

Also, I find that Amazon is, in many instances, more expensive than other sites, depending on the item.  In that case, the Amazon free shipping and returns is really not free.

Frequent Contributor

Maybe it depends on what you’re ordering. I ordered a 5.5 qt. Le Crueset Dutch oven and it was at my door in 2 days. I almost fell out of my chair!

Respected Contributor

I agree.  I ordered some things 6 days ago and they are still "in process."  Ugh.  

Contributor

I’ve shopped with Qvc for over 20 years. Never until this year have I ever been told an item was delayed, back ordered etc. My orders did not sit for days “processing” either. I think they should have maybe not purchased HSN. It seems from both of the companies that is when this started for me anyway. It is certainly a deterrent to order.
Contributor

Definitely worse!!  I ordered two JAI items on March 1 and they are STILL not received!!  Tracking shows they were "rerouted to the wrong post office."  When I called customer service, he seemed almost bored and only read back to me what the Tracking status said and told me to call back in a few days if still not received.  QVC, this is not the way to compete in this online shopping world!  Oh well, time to explore more options...

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Not you!  I definitely see a big difference in QVC, variety of items, customer service and

especially, waiting for deliveries and also making sure return packages arrive back

af facility.

Not sure, maybe it is all the availablity of different electronic shopping avenues today.

But, the good old days of QVC (CVN) are behind us.

I recently received a letter stating I make too many purchases and then return.

It is difficult to see the quality of an item on line or TV.

Starting to think twice about my loyalty to QVC.

Respected Contributor

I ordered a LOGO denim jacket and a LOGO top in my usual size. The jacket shipped the next day. The top was stuck in process for four days before it shipped. But it seems they just give you a few hours if you decide you want to cancel. HSN orders I've placed have a pretty quick turnaround from purchase to delivery, and Amazon, you get it in 2 days if it's not on the slow boat from China. 

When I worked for the Saks mail order catalog many moons ago, I was asked to work in the warehouse a few times to help pick, pack, & wrap orders because of shortstaffing, so I know sometimes things get crazy and shipments will be delayed, but there should be practices in place so this isn't the standard. 

Honored Contributor

Worse!  I ordered a Linea sweater on March 5.  Hasn't arrived yet and it's the evening of March 14.  No tracking information was available until  this morning.