Contributor

Is anyone else have trouble seeing the on, off and timer switches on things that light up.

I don't know why all of the venders are printing in white on their products.  I can hardly read whether it's on, off or timer.  It's so annoying.  Maybe if enough people complain, they will use black ink on their products.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Is anyone else have trouble seeing the on, off and timer switches on things that light up.

You are so right @delicate . Some of the timer lights I purchased you cannot read even with excellent lighting AND reading glasses. I can't figure out why they put the expense in giving us a timer but we can't even read it. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone else have trouble seeing the on, off and timer switches on things that light up.

@delicate wrote:

I don't know why all of the venders are printing in white on their products.  I can hardly read whether it's on, off or timer.  It's so annoying.  Maybe if enough people complain, they will use black ink on their products.

@delicateI've read before of using a permanent marker on the timer mark, like a dot, I need to do that. 

Honored Contributor

It's especiially annoying when the white writing contains the directions!  I see this mostly on health/beauty products.

Valued Contributor

@delicate I agree; it is definitely challenging to read print in white. I also have problems reading the "sell by" date on grocery products. The print is often obscure, hard to read, or missing entirely. 

Esteemed Contributor

@delicate  Such a pain in the neck! I carry a magnifying glass and a small flashlight with me when I set up my Christmas lights. If I used them last year, they are usually on the timer setting already and are set when I install the batteries. However, if I'm putting in the batteries earlier in the day, I have to go back at 5pm or so and start the timers. Invariably, I get one or two wrong, and I find them still glowing away the next morning. Smiley Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

Glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble reading labels, directions, and on/off switches!  Even with my glasses on I can't see this stuff these days.  

Contributor

Yes, I have a terrible time. The words are actually molded into the plastic, not printed. They are slightly raised, you can feel them with your finger. Take a (Crayola, not cheap one) crayon and run the side over the lettering. Lightly brush away any extra bits. Or you can color it hard so the crayon colors down to the plastic, then rub it off the top of the lettering so the color is below, and the lettering is white. May not be perfect, but you can at least see which word is longer than the other.

Regular Contributor

I'm not going to be kind because the company's that manufacture products that you can't read the product functions are just stupid. Yes they are stupid! I have returned so many products for just this reason. My theory is if they can't bother with the most basic function of their product, I can't be bothered owning their Junk!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It is difficult seeing the small print, makes me upset white on white is just about impossible!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.