Honored Contributor

Is It So Hard to Be Nice (Regarding Customer Care)

Just want to put a suggestion out there to all those that use Customer Care.  I notice that posters could really use a few lessons on how to treat people that work the job in Customer Care.  Put yourself on the other end of the line and speak your demands in a little nicer tone.  How do you want to be talked to???

Also when they come to your aid "ASAP" at your request, you could at least acknowledge that they helped you out.  Just because mistakes are made and you're upset with QVC changes and such, it's no reason to take it out on CC.  A simple "thank you" would be nice. 

I'm not saying all requests are rude, but lately I've noticed a downward trend in this department.  Just be a little more respectful.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is It So Hard to Be Nice (Regarding Customer Care)

It's the times that we live in, where it's okay to be rude and disrespectful.

There are customers who demand to be treated like they are the center of the universe, and rules that apply to everyone else, doesn't apply to them.

It's all about "ME ME ME"

I'm not saying that every customer is like that, but a lot of them are.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure how you know how CS reps are being addressed.  I think most people are appreciative of help they get but a few are mad as heck.  It's human nature to take it out on the closest target so there will always be some that aren't so nice.  If one works in CS, one knows that goes with the territory.  They acquire a thick skin.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ahhhhh, I get it now.

This thread is in refference to another thread in Customer Care (ATTENTION MODS I NEED your help now ASAP!! ) where a poster DEMANDED that the Mods help him/her NOW!

As in, "Mods, I DEMAND that you drop everything right this instant, and help me on MY problem, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Do unto OTHERS as you would have them do unto YOU! The golden rule was taught to me as a child, and I am sure to many of you. Perhaps this simple, yet powerful rule is just not being taught anymore🤔. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Ahhhhh, I get it now.

This thread is in refference to another thread in Customer Care (ATTENTION MODS I NEED your help now ASAP!! ) where a poster DEMANDED that the Mods help him/her NOW!

As in, "Mods, I DEMAND that you drop everything right this instant, and help me on MY problem, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Fortunately, through training and experience, CS reps are quite capable of politely handling such demands.  Obviously, that person should have been sure of his plans before placing an order for a perishable product.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

All moral platitudes aside, it doesn't take much to tick some people off when they are laying out their hard earned money for a product or service and it isn't right. I don't think you get any better service these days by being sweet to CS, when you talk to someone they tell you what you want to hear and you may get a resolution or not. I have found the best way to avoid ticking anyone off is to put your request in writing via email so they have a record that they must address in writing. It always works for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Customer Service Reps should have been taught how to handle angry, even irate customers, how to deescalate the interaction, but some actually make the customer more angry.

Their job is to make customers happy so they don't stop shopping at that retailer.  Without repeat customers, retailers would not be in business.

So, if a transaction makes a customer unhappy, it's Customer Service's job to satisfy those customers, not to be sarcastic, rude, or get angry themselves.  It is not the customer's job to make CS reps or the retailer happy. 

A CS rep, not at QVC, actually began getting rude and started yelling at me.  I stopped her and asked if she knew who she was talking to.  I said "I'm a customer."  She did apologize.  The interesting part of this was I was polite telling her she was wrong...and she was. 

I did run into two CS reps at QVC who were wrong...but they didn't yell at me when I told them they were wrong, but they didn't admit they were wrong.  

However, when dealing with moderators, I think most of us know they read many posts and can't be instantly available to solve a problem, so patience is necessary.  I think they do an excellent job.  

Honored Contributor

I worked in Customer Service at a midwest grocery store chain for several years after retiring.  The stories I could tell!!   Too many people have an entitled attitude and want something for nothing.  They think nothing of yelling, calling names, and being just plain rude.  Yes, the "it's all about me" attitude is pervasive.  Silly people, they don't realize they'd get further if they were nice.  

Super Contributor

Several years ago I quit ordering from QVC due to some horrible dealings with CS as well as because of the high shipping charges. I would order once in a great while and only if it was a brand I was quite sure of. Anyway, I had an issue again recently with a return mix up and the CS person I spoke to was very good and fixed the problem quickly and efficiently. I hope that is how they deal with everyone now.