Trusted Contributor

Re: Is It So Hard to Be Nice (Regarding Customer Care)

In my opinion, having done so for 29 years, I came to realize that I really, really disliked working with the public and what a pleasure it was to go above and beyond, if necessary, to assist them, when I interacted with a polite and pleasant person. The majority of people were rude, demanding and condescending. Working with the public in any capacity is not for the "faint of heart" and I always try to remember what it was like being on the other end of the phone line when speaking with any business's Customer Service Dept. Oh, and my tongue is still a bit sore from all the years of biting it, LOL!!
Honored Contributor

@hooked on books wrote:
In my opinion, having done so for 29 years, I came to realize that I really, really disliked working with the public and what a pleasure it was to go above and beyond, if necessary, to assist them, when I interacted with a polite and pleasant person. The majority of people were rude, demanding and condescending. Working with the public in any capacity is not for the "faint of heart" and I always try to remember what it was like being on the other end of the phone line when speaking with any business's Customer Service Dept. Oh, and my tongue is still a bit sore from all the years of biting it, LOL!!

I agree with you.I am polite to cs and never have a problem...not to say that I always get the resolution that I hoped for but they do treat me fairly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My suggestion is for posters to stop being

Mini-Moderators!!!!!...first they tell people what they should think and what they should write on the Forum, and yet they can be as snarky as they want to other customers (double standard where's the "niceness"). So now I guess they want training classes and want certain specifications established for using Customer Care!!!!! It seems the same people are so unhappy with what's going on in this Forum. Perhaps they need to find another Community in which to participate....that's my SUGGESTION!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I have done several "live" chats with CS and I find them courteous and respectful not to mention helpful. And, I do thank them every time I am done along with a Have a good day.

A little kindness goes a long way, imo.