Occasional Contributor

Inclusive sizing is the new thing, but not for TALLS!

I think it's great that QVC is working on "inclusive sizing" up to 5X.  I'm very frustrated, though, that tall lengths seem to EXcluded from INclusivity.  Please consider that (1) very few brands OFFER tall lengths; (2) those that do often consider 29" to be tall -- I know of very few people who consider anything less than 34" to be tall; (3) when talls are offered, they are the first to sell out; (4) hosts proclaim how wonderful it is that average height people may want to wear heels so they should order the longer lengths.  I've made this suggestion several times and it's a common thread on this website.  PLEASE listen to us.  (Funny that I have to beg a company to make something that will be an instant sales booster for them.)  You can always cut off a length to make it a petite, but petites are always offered.  If QVC decides not to do this, please have the decency to explain on this thread why not.  Thanks for hopefully listening.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Inclusive sizing is the new thing, but not for TALLS!

@Rumplestiltskin2 

It's really true, I like to wear a 2, maybe 3" heel, and with pants shorter than a 33" inseam they tend to look too short. 

Cigarette ankle pants aside, I prefer a long inseam.  29"-31.5" is far too short and I'm only 5'5"

Honored Contributor

I thought I remembered a time back where they used to offer tall.

Esteemed Contributor

@Rumplestiltskin2  ..... sorry about the “tall” issue but, I love your name!!!!! 😍

Esteemed Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@Rumplestiltskin2 

It's really true, I like to wear a 2, maybe 3" heel, and with pants shorter than a 33" inseam they tend to look too short. 

Cigarette ankle pants aside, I prefer a long inseam.  29"-31.5" is far too short and I'm only 5'5"

@MoonieBaby  I think one's leg length is a factor in what pant length will work for you whether you are wearing heels or flats.  I too am 5'5" yet I can wear 3 or 4-inch heels with 31-inch pants.  I would break an ankle trying to wear a 33" pant with heels because that length would still drag the floor on me and I will not wear heels higher than 4-inches.  With low heels and flats, 29-inches is just fine for me and I have to wear some kind of low heel when wearing pants with a 31-inch inseam. 

I do feel the frustration of the ladies who need the tall inseam because of their height and longer leg length.  They are completely left out because for many of those women 31-inches is ankle length. 

Honored Contributor

@Rumplestiltskin2   My mother was tall.  She shopped almost exclusively at Talbots.  They have talls that worked well for her.  They're expensive but have frequent sales.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau