Honored Contributor

Re: In 1 or 2 sentences, say what needs to be done to fix the Q’s many issues.

[ Edited ]
  • Quality.
  • Faster shipping and faster returns processing.
  • Stop repeating the same products (or variations of) week after week.
  • Hire a real gold buyer who can find unique pieces in the mid-price range instead of cheesy/flimsy or ultra expensive. (no need to comment about gold prices as we all know what they are).
Respected Contributor

Another thing they need to do is to stop putting beauty products in fashion and style shows. They can claim beauty is a part of style, but when you have a show called Fashion's Night In, there shouldn't be any presentations for teeth whitener, shampoo, makeup, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

I noticed the shipping fees have increased in 2019 for many companies not just QVC. 

I do not expect QVC to give customers free shipping and EZ pay. 

If you want fast shipping Amazon, and Amazon Prime. 

Respected Contributor

I also think free shipping should be offered....totally on any amount some days, and after spending a certain amount other days.  That's what most companies do now.

My opinion is returns should only ship free if they are defective in some way....broken, sizing doesn't match what was listed, wrong color sent, etc.  I'm always a bit horrified when I read how some order a ton of stuff and decide they don't want it, so send a ton of it back.  Those costs are passed on to all of us in higher prices. 

I went over 1 or 2 sentences ...sorry!

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

Another thing they need to do is to stop putting beauty products in fashion and style shows. They can claim beauty is a part of style, but when you have a show called Fashion's Night In, there shouldn't be any presentations for teeth whitener, shampoo, makeup, etc. 

I totally disagree.

My fashion, my style... includes facial care, cosmetics, hair etc.  It is all part of who I am and how I put myself together.

Respected Contributor

I would say get a new management team. TPTB at the moment do not care and don't listen to their customers. If they did listen, there would not be so many problems that have been going on for years.

Loud, obnoxious, immature, unwatchable hosts. They say anything to sell a product. These type of hosts mean less watching of QVC which means less buying for me.  Just 2 things of many that need fixing imo.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

First, their prices are too high, IMO. They need to lower their overhead in order to be more competitive, and pass the savings on to us. For example, they don’t need 2 or 3 hosts for any of their shows; they don’t need 2 channels broadcasting live at the same time; they don’t need all the fancy sets, etc.

I need a lot more sentences to address their many other problems, so please indulge me. (Several have already been mentioned)... Many of the hosts and vendors are unwatchable— they scream and fast-talk like infomercial hucksters, and many have unpleasant voices that are not fit for TV broadcasting... The shipping is slow, and the try-on fee is at minimum $10.50... The sizing is inconsistent... The quality is not what it used to be... There’s very little variety of brands, and too much time spent on each presentation...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

Talbots does have some great sales. Sometimes an additional 50% off sale prices...now THAT'S a sale. J. Crew currently has an extra 50% off sale prices. Clothes are so overpriced everywhere, including QVC, that even when a sale is offered, the company is till making money. For instance, LOGO has t shirt knit tanks for $65...come on...depending on the country its made in, the cost of material and labor is not more than $7 or $8. 

Valued Contributor

30 days is a good amount of time. What I was saying was not to have a policy where someone can buy a Dooney and Bourke bag and wear it out, stain it and ruin it and return for a full refund. Those types of things are factored in to the prices people pay.

Valued Contributor

I don't think that's necessarily true. You can buy quality pieces on many, many websites for less than the Q charges and you get free shipping. I'm haven't experience these retailers getting more money out of me for an item because I'm getting free shipping