Valued Contributor

Re: In 1 or 2 sentences, say what needs to be done to fix the Q’s many issues.

Those were all good sentences. Especially when the item is not as described. I've posted that before and got dragged over the coals for it. To me, if the measurements are off as written when you go to the item, then its defective. Also, if it is not described correctly on the presentation. Some of these hosts get so overly hyped about most stuff, that they overglam and oversell it and when you get it home, it isn't close to anything that they said about the item. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Those powers are going to cost everyone their jobs, including their own, if they don't make some needed changes soon. Yes, hosts that aren't obviously phoney and all about themselves and their lives and hosts that don't shout at you. New vendors-clothes are getting old and not fresh and current. What has happened to IM? His look used to be so edgy and unique. SOOOOO tired of PEPLUMS-that was 2 years ago! 

Valued Contributor

All spot-on and correct! Glad you used more than a couple sentences!

Trusted Contributor

I'd like to see a return to truly unique items in many categories and not the same old run of the mill items easily found elsewhere.

dee

Respected Contributor

I think QVC needs to listen to its customers. How about starting there?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Styleovertrend.  Dream on.  QVC can't afford unlimited free shipping.  They depend heavily on profits from shipping fee to balance the budget.  In some quarters, shipping profits have made the difference between them operating in the red or black.

I agree.  But I was wondering about Amazon.  The whole point of Amazon was to make shipping free and very quick delivery.  Most people have prime now anyway.  How did Amazon do it?  They've been around a lot shorter then QVC.   I know they are a heck of  a lot bigger.  But I've been with them almost since they started.  Before prime, shipping was cheaper and very fast.  Even then.

Esteemed Contributor

Use the shopping cart approach like Zulily does.  QVC owns Zulily you would think they would seel how effective that method is.

And prices need to come down.  Quality "ain't all that good" to warrant the prices going to new heights. I do better in Walmart.

Valued Contributor

I shop online to eliminate boring shows.  My request is to have short videos of jewelry and fashion without hosts.  Free shipping is essential as long as Amazon is in business.

Honored Contributor

Lower prices and shipping costs.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

Plenty of online retailers offer free shipping and returns and offer great sales. If they stopped the practice of allowing people to use an item and then return it after 30 days, that would cut down on a lot of expense.

@Styleovertrend   You mean like Amazon who deals in huge volume and who lost money the first few years in order to make a mint later on.  Now they sell you prime for the free shipping.  I suspect, already, there are people who order clothing, wear it and then return it, not because something was wrong with it, but they used it all they needed it, to wear that one time and return it.  I have found such nasty items.  I know they did not come from China in that condition.  No, someone ordered it, returned it with a ticket saying something was wrong or the size did not work, and then did not pay shipping either way but had ruined the garment.  I know there are people who order jewelry, break it and return it saying it arrived in that condition.  I have heard people talking about it and laughing about it, not recently but in the past 11 years.