Respected Contributor

Re: Improving the QVC Experience in 2019

[ Edited ]

I said this in another post --updated it for the Suggestion Box. 

For the improvement of the QVC and web experience, perhaps a drastic update to hiring quality IT staff and web designers would make the website better and fix all the chronic flaws/problems everyone encounters....now, who is responisble for the lousy programming changes.....these people too, need to be fired and quality staff hired!  What good is a "quality" website if the products and programming is not updated to quality!  Change for the better is one thing, but change for the sake of change is a waste of the customer's money!  Keep the morning laid-back "chatty cathy" hosts in the morning, ruinous for the afternoon prime time....keep your newest overnite host where she belongs, she is too loud and pompous to be with long-time regular host AS in evening prime time, with RD and/or as fill-in on cooking shows.  It is obnoxious to watch the overweight host on food shows bob, sway, wink, and dance while sampling food. And, please keep the other poor-behavior, bad-habit hosts off the food shows....absolute turnoff! I watch to see the products you have to offer, and dislike having to endure some of these "diva" hosts perform for the camera!

Esteemed Contributor

I have nothing to say, you girls have said it all and ITA!!!

Honored Contributor

I spend much less time looking at the website now, Since I don’t watch the QVC on television at all, the website was my only access to Q...but the cluttered and crowded home page has cut back my interest on even doing that.
Super Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

Totally agree with all the previous posts!

http://cliparts.co/cliparts/zTX/ook/zTXook8ec.jpg

Add me to the list.

New Contributor

Totally agree with all the comments.  Do not like the new logo or the new graphics.  At first, I thought it might be just me not liking change.  But it's pretty obvious these changes are not going over well with anybody.  The logo is boring and "uptight" (for lack of a better word).  The old stylized Q was much more fun and had a little style.  The graphics are, as everyone has said, not easy to read.  Don't know who thought these changes were a good idea, but they should really re-think it!

Super Contributor

me too aftet 20 some years

Respected Contributor

I agree too, with all of you, except for the one poster that starting talking about overweight hosts. 

Super Contributor

On my google home page where I pick what I want to go to the new Q logo is hard to see.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The on-screen graphics are hard to read because they used some sort of greyscale. They faded the black. Isn’t the purpose to be readable? If changes are not improving the customer experience, they are useless. Their new jewelry format, double teaming the hosts, and unreadable graphics do nothing to encourage viewing. The OP is spot on concerning the changes that should be made.

Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I agree too, with all of you, except for the one poster that starting talking about overweight hosts. 

Spoiler

I do agree with the post on overweight hosts.  Not when they are obviously fighting a lifetime issue of weight.  But a host, who is obviously theatening their health with food and clearly enjoying every bite, does an injustice to those of us who care about our health and appearance.. I used to enjoy him. The obvious weight issues turn me off to the very items you are trying to sell. I can't even swallow macaroni and cheese anymore.  

The googly eyes, the yum yum face, the hip bumps, the Happy Dance, the huge (and rude) bites of food that almost choke the host , and all the kissy kissy. . . . . . . could go.  The little old ladies who think this is cute need to realize what they are encouraging.  (I'm a little old lady, but I can't encourage gluttony)

Sorry for those who don't agree, but please think about the health issues involved here.  QVC, please think about it.