Honored Contributor

Improving the QVC Experience in 2019

[ Edited ]

Regarding the changes for 2019 that are designed to improve the QVC experience, I don't think any of them are working-- at least not for me. From the new, hard-to-read TV graphics; to the website changes; to the new Q logo; to the new format for the JAI jewelry show; to the program and host switches on Monday evenings; to the new show titles... These changes are all cosmetic, and have no substance. I don't think any of these changes will gain new customers or increase revenue. I believe that's the bottom-line here.

Lower prices, better quality and variety of merchandise, consistent sizing among brands, more customer-friendly shipping charges, loyalty rewards for long-time customers, shorter presentations, show hosts who have professional demeanor and voices fit for TV broadcasting-- these are more important factors to improve the Q experience and increase your revenue and customer base. JMHO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Re: Improving the QVC Experience in 2019

Thank you for this very accurate post.  I absollutely agree with all you said.  I couldn't have said it better.

I am a little ticked off at the new graphics.  I find them far more difficult to read than the previous ones.  Please QVC, understand that not all your viewers are young with 20/20 vision.  Lots of us are older (and long time shoppers) who don't see as well as we once did and many of us are a distance from the tv screen. Your "new" graphics are a real problem.

Respected Contributor

Totally agree with your excellent, accurate and concise

statement. 

QVC seems to be chasing it’s tail and getting nowhere.

Contributor

Absolutely correct.   QVC could care less about long time customers.  I have been with them for 30 years, not once have I received a coupon for a discount,  when I was spending more money, early on, they were up my dupa, even sent me a birthday card, but when I cut back on the spending they did not know I existed.

To this day, every now and then I purchase something like Denim and Company.  there is always a different answer from Customer Service.  The training is not consistent with all employees.

The new Hosts leave a lot to be desired.  They are all show offs, wannabees, and some of them are not.

And then there are some of the old ones who are looking hargered, and I just love when the overweight ones promote the cookbooks that are sugar less items to be made or are healthy eating.  Guess the Hosts don't read or use those books. 

I firmly believe that Chery's Cookies are the worst product on the show.  All sugar and they promote them for children's lunch boxes.  Making money off of products that should not be on the show.   Over priced and not good for you.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 You are right on with EVERYTHING. I cannot believe the font that was chosen. Each letter is too "narrow" and "light" and you have to squint to see the words and the prices, especially on television. Perhaps they have a Plan B with the font choice and they can revert to a better one?

The two most important things IMO are the product choices that need to be improved and the host choices (primary problems are voice quality, talking too fast, silly behavior, drinking wine and talking about their family in the presentations instead of the product).

It's good we have this forum to provide our feedback. I just hope it is read and considered. 

Honored Contributor

Totally agree with all the previous posts!

http://cliparts.co/cliparts/zTX/ook/zTXook8ec.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Thank you for this very accurate post.  I absollutely agree with all you said.  I couldn't have said it better.

I am a little ticked off at the new graphics.  I find them far more difficult to read than the previous ones.  Please QVC, understand that not all your viewers are young with 20/20 vision.  Lots of us are older (and long time shoppers) who don't see as well as we once did and many of us are a distance from the tv screen. Your "new" graphics are a real problem.

I am not old, and I don't have vision problems, but even I can't read the graphics on TV. I'm not going to struggle to do so, so my viewing of QVC will be limited. In turn, my purchases will be limited.

Frankly, I wonder if there is a purpose behind the new graphics. Does Q want to drive away seniors and replace them with a new young audience? After all, reality is seniors will die off....seniors are not the future of the company. I'm not sure younger generations are interested in TV shopping. It probably moves too slowly for them.

Honored Contributor

The graphics are way too difficult to read.  I just won't be watching.  Also, this last group of new hosts, need more training.   QVC improvements are not working for me.

I completely agree!  If you are watching from any distance (couch or bed) you can't see the important information...the price, color and size availability.  All the information is on the left of the screen....why do that?  So I can see everyone's feet? I don't care if you change the color of your logo, but why make fonts smaller?????  This is not the way to gain younger shoppers...it is alienating your older ones!  These changes are surely going to save me money!!!! 

Honored Contributor

I see no "improvement" in any of the graphics on TV.  In fact, they are dreadful.  And as to their new logo....as I mentioned in another post, I don't think they could have come up with anything more bland if they tried!