Honored Contributor

Re: Improved iPad functionality is now live!

Reply pic.png

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Thank you, Keyai!  Do users of tablets other than iPads now have the increased functionality as well?

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Keyai, how do you want us to crop it?  I'm not sure I'm understanding that part of uploading a picture.  Thanks for updating the site for iPad users. So far I'm not having any problems.  ☺️

Himi, you don't have to crop it, you just have to do Something in the edit function.  You could brighten it, make the color more intense, crop a fraction off a side, anything as long as you do something and "save".

Yes, that's what I did.  Played around with the brightness and color saturation on my iPad, then saved it.  It appeared right side up on my PC after doing that.  😊

thanks!

Honored Contributor

I wanted to move this thread up on the Suggestion Box page for those who are reporting iPad/iPhone problems on various threads -- this might be the best place we can discuss them so the @Community_Team will know about them.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am having these iPad problems:

1) When I post a reply, the keyboard stays stuck on the screen until I go to a different website and then go back to the forums again.

2) Sometimes after posting, a red message box pops up saying the message can't be posted, but it still posts anyway.

3) After bolding part of a reply, a message said there was an HTML error that I should correct. I was using Rich Text, so I had no idea what they were talking about. I hit the Post button again and my reply went through. This is the first time this has happened.

4) The choices in Rich Text don't toggle on and off. For example, I can click once to bold, but can't unbold with another click. I can only get it to unbold after a lot of fiddling around. Not even sure what eventually worked.

5) And the screen is still jumping. I keep clicking on the wrong thing.

I am on iPad3 in Safari.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Montana wrote:

I am having these iPad problems:

1) When I post a reply, the keyboard stays stuck on the screen until I go to a different website and then go back to the forums again.

2) Sometimes after posting, a red message box pops up saying the message can't be posted, but it still posts anyway.

3) After bolding part of a reply, a message said there was an HTML error that I should correct. I was using Rich Text, so I had no idea what they were talking about. I hit the Post button again and my reply went through. This is the first time this has happened.

4) The choices in Rich Text don't toggle on and off. For example, I can click once to bold, but can't unbold with another click. I can only get it to unbold after a lot of fiddling around. Not even sure what eventually worked.

5) And the screen is still jumping. I keep clicking on the wrong thing.

I am on iPad3 in Safari.

@ Montana, Thanks for posting here!  The Q Social Team probably can help us out.

Here are a few quick answers:

1 -- To hide keyboard, tap the keyboard icon (lower right corner of keyboard).

2 -- Message:  "An Unexpected Error has occurred."  Seems to be a glitch on the site.  Just ignore it and continue typing or submit the post.

3 --  Message "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."  It simply means the system is checking for problematic HTML code embedded in your text -- they system uses HTML code, whether you've checked "rich text" or not.  Just go ahead and submit the post, and review it for changes.

4 -- The editing on the iPad is very, very "touchy."  We've discussed details of a few problems and help in other threads.  It's complicated, so we probably need to talk about that in a separate post with more description.

5 -- As I posted in another thread, on the thread I mentioned in Post #22 they explained that the "jumping" problem has been noted and a fix is in the works.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's some general help for customizing text after quoting another post, using an iPad or iPhone:

It's very "touchy" but it can be done.

Tap "QUOTE" and the cursor automatically positions itself immediately below the quoted text.

You don't want the cursor to have the gray line to the left of it (the gray line you see in the quoted text).  If it's there next to your cursor, your reply will become a part of the quote.

Hit return several times to be sure the cursor is well below the quoted text.

Gently scroll up to the menu bar (if you can't already see it) with your finger outside (not inside) the reply box.

Gently tap the option you want (like "Font Family" for example) and then either start typing or scroll back down with your finger outside the reply box until you see the cursor, and start typing.

You have to be very sure you don't inadvertently tap within the quoted text at any time -- if you do that, what you type will become a part of the  quote.

In playing around with this on my iPhone and iPad, I think it works a bit better if you turn it to portrait mode rather than landscape mode if you want to customize font style, size, etc.

Respected Contributor

Unread thread titles are bolded with the dark "balloon" beside it.  Once I read a thread the print and "balloon" both go light.

What I don't understand: threads I have never opened are also lightened along with the "balloon".  What am I missing?

Using iPad3 and Safari.

Honored Contributor

@Community_Team Reporting that I am still having a jumping screen with iPad but also yesterday and today problems on laptop with the program not allowing me to post replies

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unable to edit a post this morning (7/29/15). Was working yesterday. Using iPad3 and Safari.

ETA: Editing function working again.