Valued Contributor

Re: Improve Quality Control

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney, we've shared posts about these trees and one of mine was so loud, we could hear the motor in another room, so back it went marked as defective.

I've ordered other things from VPH's collection in the last few years and didn't have any trouble with any of them.

The things I ordered from her back in CIJ were not what was advertised and even in the videos showing them.

Out of 4 items, 2 went back as defective and of course, the kaleidoscope tree.

I've decided that I will hold off buying anymore of her things until the reviews come in.  Even if I have to pay a bit more, it's worth it for me.  Besides that, we just got a new Hobby Lobby open very close to us, so I will go there to browse and see the things in person.

@HisElk1
Yes, we have shared several posts about these trees.
We could hear 4 of these trees that were on our fireplace mantel (Not all 4 at a time) in our Great room all the way from our kitchen. Our 1st floor is set up where you come into the laundry room from the garage, then into the kitchen, then the dining area, and finally the Great room.
That makes 6 defective trees for us.
My DH  ordered a set of "As Is" Glistening Trees by VPH from 2017 & they're perfect.
I  think people should wait a few weeks before they leave a review because someone said to me that so many people received perfect trees. But you can buy quite a few "As Is" trees. You just have to add them to your cart  1 at a time. So, that tells me not so many people received perfect trees.
My DH stopped in an "AT HOME" store today while he was out & when he came home he told me they had everything you could possibly want to decorate for Christmas. Including every size Christmas tree imaginable. So, I am going to have him take me there tomorrow.
Edited to say: I'm sorry I missed your post. For some reason I didn't get a notification.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney, we've shared posts about these trees and one of mine was so loud, we could hear the motor in another room, so back it went marked as defective.

I've ordered other things from VPH's collection in the last few years and didn't have any trouble with any of them.

The things I ordered from her back in CIJ were not what was advertised and even in the videos showing them.

I've decided that I will hold off buying anymore of her things until the reviews come in.  Even if I have to pay a bit more, it's worth it for me.  Besides that, we just got a new Hobby Lobby open very close to us, so I will go there to browse and see the things in person.

@HisElk1
We could hear 4 of these trees that were on our fireplace mantel (Not all 4 at a time) in our Great room all the way from our kitchen. Our 1st floor is set up where you come into the laundry room from the garage, then into the kitchen, then the dining area, and finally the Great room.
My DH  ordered a set of "As Is" Glistening Trees by VPH from 2017 & they're perfect.
I  think people should wait a few weeks before they leave a review because someone said to me that so many people received perfect trees. But you can buy quite a few "As Is" trees. You just have to add them to your cart  1 at a time. So, that tells me not so many people received perfect trees.
My DH stopped in an "AT HOME" store today while he was out & when he came home he told me they had everything you could possibly want to decorate for Christmas.  So, I am going to have him take me there tomorrow.

@SweetSydney, we have an "At Home" here too, and it's a gigantic store.  They do have some really nice things and we've purchased a few.  

I recall you mentioned you have MS, so I'd take your wheelchair because there is a lot of walking in order to get through the store.  The first time DH and I went, we were there for 2 hours and being on a concrete floor, my feet hurt afterwards.

I hope you post about how your excursion went when you get a chance.  Have fun!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@HisElk1
My DH stopped in an "AT HOME" store today while he was out & when he came home he told me they had everything you could possibly want to decorate for Christmas.  So, I am going to have him take me there tomorrow.

@SweetSydney, we have an "At Home" here too, and it's a gigantic store.  They do have some really nice things and we've purchased a few.  

I recall you mentioned you have MS, so I'd take your wheelchair because there is a lot of walking in order to get through the store.  The first time DH and I went, we were there for 2 hours and being on a concrete floor, my feet hurt afterwards.

@HisElk1
That's pretty cool that you have an At Home store, too.
Yes, I do have MS & I'm planning on taking my wheelchair. I can only walk on a concrete floor for 10 minutes and the nerves in my spine cause my back to hurt like you-know-what.
I'll post & tell you what we bought. (Because I know 1 thing for sure I want is another Christmas tree. And my DH said they have PE trees.)

Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@HisElk1

@HisElk1
Yes, I do have MS & I'm planning on taking my wheelchair. I can only walk on a concrete floor for 10 minutes and the nerves in my spine cause my back to hurt like you--know-what.
I'll post & tell you what we bought. (Because Iknow 1 thing for sure I want is another Christmas tree. And my DH said they have PE trees.

@SweetSydney, good for you.  We're going to be looking for a Christmas tree too and will be heading there.  What is a "PE tree"?

We bought a tree from Q 2 years ago, a Santa's Best which was the TSV.  We had nothing but problems with it.  When calling Q, they referred us to Santa's Best who I will say stood behind it - they actually sent us a check for the whole refund after we emailed them a copy of the Q receipt.  I just won't buy anymore SB trees.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@HisElk1

@HisElk1
Yes, I do have MS & I'm planning on taking my wheelchair. I can only walk on a concrete floor for 10 minutes and the nerves in my spine cause my back to hurt like you--know-what.
I'll post & tell you what we bought. (Because Iknow 1 thing for sure I want is another Christmas tree. And my DH said they have PE trees.

@SweetSydney, good for you.  We're going to be looking for a Christmas tree too and will be heading there.  What is a "PE tree"?

We bought a tree from Q 2 years ago, a Santa's Best which was the TSV.  We had nothing but problems with it.  When calling Q, they referred us to Santa's Best who I will say stood behind it - they actually sent us a check for the whole refund after we emailed them a copy of the Q receipt.  I just won't buy anymore SB trees.

@HisElk1
I'll edit this post in a few minutes & post a link that explains the difference between a PE tree & a PVC  tree. I'm glad Santa's Best stood behind  your tree.

Edited to add: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gDN1h-oF14

Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney, what is a "PE tree"?  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney, sorry for the last post about the trees.  I just read your post and see you will answer.  I got ahead of myself.

Apologies to you.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney, sorry for the last post about the trees.  I just read your post and see you will answer.  I got ahead of myself.

Apologies to you.

@HisElk1
No apologies necessary. I enjoy talking with you. I edited my post, but I'll add the link here, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gDN1h-oF14

My DH ordered these trees "As Is" H212597
They're from 2017 & they're perfect.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney, what is a "PE tree"?  Thanks.

@HisElk1
I posted the link to the difference between a PE tree & a PVC tree in a post earlier. I wanted to make sure you saw it.
I didn't make it to the "At Home" store today. Pain from my  MS had me up all night. We're going to try to go tomorrow. It will be less busy &  easier for me to maneuver my wheelchair around the store.

Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney, yes, thank you for the video; I only had time to watch part of it, but it looks to be very helpful.

I'm sorry to hear you couldn't make it to At Home today with your MS pain.  Thanks for letting me know and I hope you are able to get there on Monday; if you do, I hope you have a good time!