Respected Contributor

Re: If you would stop importing items from China,

@Judaline wrote:

like Barefoot Dreams, I would buy more. No matter how appealing you make an item sound/look, it is ruined when I see the word imported. Please don't tell me some part of every item is probably made in China. I am talking about items offered and they are "imported." I realize QVC is afraid to put the China word on their products, but we all know what imported means. You underestimate us.

I'm sure QVC is making note of your request right now.

Respected Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

like Barefoot Dreams, I would buy more. No matter how appealing you make an item sound/look, it is ruined when I see the word imported. Please don't tell me some part of every item is probably made in China. I am talking about items offered and they are "imported." I realize QVC is afraid to put the China word on their products, but we all know what imported means. You underestimate us.

It does not mean the product comes specifically from China.  Get real.
Valued Contributor

Exactly why I will not purchase anymore.  Mostly everything made in China..They leashed this virus on us...STOP putting money in thier pocket at the expense of our country !

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got knocked because I only would only wear American made jeans. Read expensive.  This was pre COVID 19 and I remember one poster saying Made in China doesn't mean anything anymore.  

Trusted Contributor

It is unfortunate that our goods are no longer made here or in Europe.  Did you see the news article about dogs dying from contaminated food made in China? I don't trust them. Unfortunately this post would be remived if I shared why they are made there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd love to buy more USA made.  But it's not going to happen anytime soon.  The US is no longer a manufacturing country.

Not everything comes from China.  Products come from many countries.  

China is not the bogeyman here.  The U.S. did it to themselves by creating an environment where businesses can have other countries produce their products without tax penalties. That doesn't even touch on the made up tariff wars that consumers are paying for and the bigotry being spewed about China and covid. It may originated there but people all over the world traveled to and from China and took the illness with them before the stuff hit the fan.  

People, particularly farmers, are complaining about losing China as an export.  You don't really expect China to buy from us if we don't buy from them, do you?  Again, the U.S. shot itself in the foot with tariffs...that you and I pay.