Esteemed Contributor

If you're going to encourage people to email QVC...

I suggest that you respond.  

A generic formulaic response that doesn't even address the question/concern speaks volumes about your commitment to customer service.  I've received a few of these "form letter" emails that make me wonder if anyone actually read my questions and concerns.

Refusing to respond when the customer asks for specific responses to her specific questions reveals even more.  

I think QVC's customer service department can do better. 

Honored Contributor

Re: If you're going to encourage people to email QVC...

I think so, too.  Most other retailers that I've contacted, do actually read my emails, and respond appropriately.

Honored Contributor

I've received QVC's customer service generic email in response, usually within 24 hours, to acknowledge receipt of my email.  Then later, perhaps 2 or 3 days, I've always received the actual response to my issue.  I've never been left hanging. When you send your email through QVC's website, there is a question right before submitting the email: "Would you like a reply?" It defaults to No, so if you skip that step you will not get a real reply; you have to select Yes.  I send my emails through their website, I don't send through through my regular email account.  If you are clicking Yes for a reply, I can definitely see the frustration.  I hope they get back with you soon.

Honored Contributor

It may also, assuming you've checked of off "yes I want a further reply", depend on what you're inquiring about, and whether the inquiry is more of a rant than some individual thing that could be fairly quickly addressed. I'm not saying this is true of the OP.

I too would be upset if I didn't get a response to a query about a specific product, or an issue/question I had about a product I had purchased or wanted to purchase, or a billing issue.  Other subjects - the forum, for example - one might not get a response, especially depending upon how it was phrased. Or "will you ever carry ... ?"

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I've never had to email here, but Amazon has the best response of any that I have.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Ditto the OP.

Recently,  I received a "non-answer" to a question I emailed to Q, that made it clear they did not read my email.    They acctually responded to things I did not inquire about.  Great service, there, QVC.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

This is what large corporations do. Where I work we call them "canned responses". You write up a bunch of answers to common questions and that way you have a response ready for most questions that you just have to paste into the e-mail. The issue with that is that most people don't actually read what the question is or they think they understand what the issue is, so they find their canned response, send it off and think that they're good. A generic response may work for some things but I think people need to realize that sometimes the response needs to be personalized and you need to add/remove information to actually answer the person's question.

Super Contributor

It shouldn't matter what the question is, a huge business like the Q should answer a customers email.  I know I have sent emails, and even follow-up emails, and still did not receive a response.  It is uncalled for and unprofessional. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These things are also farmed out to third parties at many companies and the employees could care less about the response.  They are rated on response times, number of responses, etc.

Quality of response doesn't factor into it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN