Honored Contributor

Re: If we cannot eat the TSV then it shouldn't be on with David INK

david has faithful weekly viewers. perhaps the only time some actually sit down to completely watch a qvc show? i see nothing wrong or inappropriate with david highlighting the TSV which is easily used in the kitchen.

i think if something is USED in the kitchen then it is fair  game for ITKWD.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

As long as the item can be used in the kitchen, I have no problem with him showing the item and how to use it during his show.  I use a tablet or computer in my kitchen as I cook.  I use both for recipes and music.  Today's TSV can be used in so many places and in so many ways that I understand why it is included in every show.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I agree that it's pretty annoying to have a kitchen show interrupted so they can sell something like a mattress.  However, if it's not a food item and they focus on how it can be used in the kitchen, I'm okay with it as long as it's not a really long presentation.

Respected Contributor

I tend to agree with the OP. But we all know David sells! QVC has to give him a whack at pushing as many of the TSV's out the door as he can. They can't pass the opportunity by. Simple math.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

why not?

i use a tablet "in the kitchen." it is great to have for following recipes, watching food preparation, finding ingredient and  measurement equivalents....or just listening to music while you make your meal!

If it could only be used in the kitchen I would agree, but since that isn't the case, to me it is bogus.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I really dislike that the TSV has to be presented endlessly.

It wasn't always like this!

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

why not?

i use a tablet "in the kitchen." it is great to have for following recipes, watching food preparation, finding ingredient and  measurement equivalents....or just listening to music while you make your meal!

If it could only be used in the kitchen I would agree, but since that isn't the case, to me it is bogus.

Are you saying that ITKWD should only show products that can  be used in the kitchen exclusively?

I don't know about your kitchen but in mine the sink, dishwasher, stove and cabinets are the only things that could not be used in another part of the house, at least not without major remodeling or modifications.   I take "kitchen stuff" to other parts of the house on a daily basis.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

why not?

@QVCkitty1  I don't see why the post by @sunshine45 bogus.  I don't eat popcorn standing in my kitchen, I bring it to the sofa in my living room for movie night.  I most certainly follow new recipes on my tablet in the kitchen.

It might be frustrating, but it's still ITKWD.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

why not?

@QVCkitty1  I don't see why the post by @sunshine45 bogus.  I don't eat popcorn standing in my kitchen, I bring it to the sofa in my living room for movie night.  I most certainly follow new recipes on my tablet in the kitchen.

It might be frustrating, but it's still ITKWD.

We must agree to disagree, and that's fine.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

I know this is a common complaint but this is getting really bad.   Seeing a TSV for hours on end does not make me buy it.   I think kitchen stuff should be the only thing shown on INK with David.   

I understand what you are saying....when they started using this show’s popularity to push mattresses, recliners, vacuums, etc., I quit watching. I’m not tuning in to a kitchen show to watch Serta.