Trusted Contributor

Re: If the regular host isn't there, change it up!

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

OMGoodness.  I just flipped ovet to In the Kitchen with Mary for a moment to see what they were offering. Antonella was eating and cutting and talking with her mouth open and full of steak. More disgusting than any host I've ever seen on a food show. I hope you missed it.

Yes, I missed it.  I actually never watch the cooking shows, so your comment about not enjoying a different host even though you like the cooking show was interesting.  

I only knew Mary wasn't there because Antonella was on with Gabrielle for a preview of the show.  I would have watched Antonella had it been fashion or jewelry.  

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe they shouldn't have so many channels!!   QVC2/ Beauty IQ    What is the deal?

We STILL suffer through fashion shows with too much beauty on all the time......

Then maybe they wouldn't be going so crazy either,  getting coverage for all those shows!!    LOL

Trusted Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

Maybe they shouldn't have so many channels!!   QVC2/ Beauty IQ    What is the deal?

We STILL suffer through fashion shows with too much beauty on all the time......

Then maybe they wouldn't be going so crazy either,  getting coverage for all those shows!!    LOL

I actually like QVC2 for the Wednesday evening PM Style with Leah.  Also Tuesday night sometimes has an accessories show.  In that sense, it's nice to have an alternative.  

But I'm right with you on Beauty IQ.  Never even look at it anymore.  Many people, including me, made comments about it when it first started, but evidently they were ignored. I would be surprised if they get many viewers.  

Respected Contributor

Perkup--as in Kevin James, the comedian?

Honored Contributor

How about just change it and eliminate the "up"?

Trusted Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

How about just change it and eliminate the "up"?

Ha ha! I agree.  I was thinking along the lines of "shake it up", but guess that would be a bit radical.  Much more likely would be just to "change it" somewhat.  

Esteemed Contributor

Giving the hosts the same show week to week, makes the hosts job much easier.

It's like the professor teaching the same two courses every semester.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes QVC changes fixed programming for a special event - Leah just acknowledged that AM Style will be off next week for Christmas in July - and these changes are noted well in advance. I think David's "foodies" are especially known to complain about ITKWD being pre-empted: they did so when a jewelry event was held on a Sunday and thereafter jewelry or fashion events on Sundays take a break when David comes on. Even Big Bonanza Silver Day being established on March 1 twenty-eight years ago is not enough advance notice for fans of his show apparently expecting it to be on every Wednesday.