Frequent Contributor

Re: If the Q is cleaning house and letting hosts go, they need to let some vendors go too.

Its amazing! David makes NO MENTION of Stacey Staufer. My guess is that when they do not ackowledge any hosts are gone, they were fired. If they do, they left on their own accord.(To be with Family !)  Come on David, mention Stacey! 

Honored Contributor

Re: If the Q is cleaning house and letting hosts go, they need to let some vendors go too.

Over the years there were a lot of vendors who were not "invited back."  

Remember when LDO almost got his walking papers abiout the same time Victor Costa (who's designs were superior to LDO) was cut.   George Simonton wasn't "nvtted back."  

I'm sure it's all just about the numbers - sales minus returns - they have to meet.

I was looking around to see the terms QVC acquired merchandise to sell. Here is one example I found.  It's from 2013 - I'm guessng thngs haven't changed.

There’s no cost to be featured on-air, but TV shopping networks are different from other retailers in that they acquire goods on consignment; they do not purchase them wholesale. The cost of Perfect Pocket to QVC was $10; the shopping network sold it at $19.72 each. Inventive entrepreneurs like Ascolese get paid only after QVC sells their products.

(snip)

While the payoff to inventors could be millions of dollars, selling through popular TV retailers requires a lot of preparation, and the vetting process is tough. Even if your product gets chosen, you must meet inventory requirements. For QVC, the typical minimum purchase order is between $30,000 and $35,000.

https://www.blackenterprise.com/tips-selling-tv-shopping-networks-qvc/

Regular Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@JJK1954 wrote:

I mean how much Susan Graver and Logo can women buy? There has to be a saturation point. Its same stuff every other hour. 

@JJK1954 I agree and those two brands are not worn by younger people who they need if they want to survive. I honestly have never seen a person wearing a layered Logo look and to think of wearing liquid knit (polyester) in southern states heat makes me sweat. I think QVC needs a complete makeover from the top down.

Great point.  That liquid knit and wearing 2-3 layers of clothing is just a mistake for the south, or anytime you want to be as comfortable as possible.  

Esteemed Contributor

@JJK1954 wrote:

Its amazing! David makes NO MENTION of Stacey Staufer. My guess is that when they do not ackowledge any hosts are gone, they were fired. If they do, they left on their own accord.(To be with Family !)  Come on David, mention Stacey! 

My guess is he is forbidden to say anything about Stacey.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

I doubt even David is brave enough right now to "rock the boat". He may be a "favorite" but other "favorites" have been let go.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

David did say goodbye to Stacey on his FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/136343883058494/posts/4913337192025782/

Respected Contributor

@KLevineFan wrote:

David did say goodbye to Stacey on his FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/136343883058494/posts/4913337192025782/

________

Thank you. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@JJK1954 wrote:

My guess is he is forbidden to say anything about Stacey.

---    
I don't know, if you work, or have worked, recently, but, employers maintaining, employee confidentiality, is a Huge issue! 

I'm an RD, in a very large hospital.  If I were laid off/terminated, any potential employer, seeking information, could only speak to HR, and all they can reveal(without my written permission) is the  date range of my employment, and whether or not, I would be considered rehireable. 

My co-workers, might know all kinds of messy details, or, at least, my side of them.  However, if they shared more than, "Suhse is no longer with us", they could be putting themselves, and the hospital, in a vulnerable position.   

Human nature to be curious, but, the hosts have a right to privacy, and, it would be very foolish, on the part, of the former hosts, to over share.  

Contributor

About shipping. I have been asking for years on all day event to make it like 4.95 shipping for the whole day. On fashion day, most of us buy 3 or more things. That $ 10 +

if amazon , Zappos and other company’s send back for free than they can too. Even if they made it a benefit. To have a Q card. Sometimes I feel like they won’t care if we leave. Customer service answered the phone now we are busy, call later. The chat customer service every time I use that it says I’m number 77 in line next. How can that be? Then you wait 30 minutes or more and the operator says check out the price will change then. Hen your calling back because it didn’t happen. That’s another 40 min on the phone. I’ve had the chat tell me before too busy call back. Frustrating!!

Contributor

yes!! I ordered from Dicks Sporting store got one package in 2 days and the other in 3.