Valued Contributor

If the Q is cleaning house and letting hosts go, they need to let some vendors go too.

Any vendor who consistently gets 2- 2 1/2 star reviews needs to go. Bring some new designers AND LOWER PRICES or offer FREE SHIPPING and RETURNS. Make it attractive for ones to shop on the Q and be more than willing to spend oodles on shipping and return when they have boat loads of online retailers that offer better deals.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If the Q is cleaning house and letting hosts go, they need to let some vendors go too.

The "good" vendors as you call them........have left the building.  They can't make money when QVC demands a big percentage of the selling price for each or most product.  I heard how much that is - but prefer not to state it here. 

So Q doesn't want to offer all the free stuff you want - they have cost of running a TV channel and people to pay............and the vendor needs some $$ left for themselves. 

Your thinking is just not practical in the real world.

Valued Contributor

Re: If the Q is cleaning house and letting hosts go, they need to let some vendors go too.

@fthunt maybe it's the Q that isn't practical in the real world. Guess that's obvious with all the complaints about everything now, mostly shipping and customer service issues and people stating they are done with the Q.

Honored Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

Any vendor who consistently gets 2- 2 1/2 star reviews needs to go. Bring some new designers AND LOWER PRICES or offer FREE SHIPPING and RETURNS. Make it attractive for ones to shop on the Q and be more than willing to spend oodles on shipping and return when they have boat loads of online retailers that offer better deals.

My guess is at least a chunk of vendors are jumping ship before it sinks.  Q used to be interesting and fun to watch. Now I watch some Q on the two gold days and rarely in-between.  

Almost everything Q sells can be found elsewhere for less money...sale prices, promo codes, free shipping, free returns.  I always price shop.

Q needs to do something to stay in the retail game.

Honored Contributor

The health of any company starts at the top.  Get rid of present management, bring in someone who really knows retail and the marketplace and things might turn around.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I don't live in the past, but I do remember in the early days and for many years after that when QVC was novel and unique.  Those days are gone because there is way too much competition out there.  What's new and different anymore that I can't find on a variety of websites today?  Very little.  I'm certain people are buying fewer and fewer items during the pandemic.  I usually buy a lot of clothing items from the Q, but I've only bought one or two items since March.  I think they need a shake up in management and put someone in there who has imagination, creativity and foresight.  I know for me I don't have any desire to watch the same item presented over and over again throughout the day.  Different times and different world call for a different sales approach.  AND they better get their shipping problems straightened out.  The pandemic shouldn't be impacting delivery the way it is.  I ordered from a very large apparel company last week and already have the items.  If that company can do it, what's wrong with QVC?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

I don't live in the past, but I do remember in the early days and for many years after that when QVC was novel and unique.  Those days are gone because there is way too much competition out there.  What's new and different anymore that I can't find on a variety of websites today?  Very little.  I'm certain people are buying fewer and fewer items during the pandemic.  I usually buy a lot of clothing items from the Q, but I've only bought one or two items since March.  I think they need a shake up in management and put someone in there who has imagination, creativity and foresight.  I know for me I don't have any desire to watch the same item presented over and over again throughout the day.  Different times and different world call for a different sales approach.  AND they better get their shipping problems straightened out.  The pandemic shouldn't be impacting delivery the way it is.  I ordered from a very large apparel company last week and already have the items.  If that company can do it, what's wrong with QVC?

-------------

Absolutely agree!!  Two of the reason I think viewership and purchasing is losing with QVC!!  My third reason would be poor hosts.  There are several hosts that I will not watch, regardless of the item being sold!!!

Frequent Contributor

I mean how much Susan Graver and Logo can women buy? There has to be a saturation point. Its same stuff every other hour. 

Honored Contributor

QVC is much like how Sears was....it was innovated....interesting...but, even Sears had  a end date....like QVC. 

Esteemed Contributor

@JJK1954 wrote:

I mean how much Susan Graver and Logo can women buy? There has to be a saturation point. Its same stuff every other hour. 

@JJK1954 I agree and those two brands are not worn by younger people who they need if they want to survive. I honestly have never seen a person wearing a layered Logo look and to think of wearing liquid knit (polyester) in southern states heat makes me sweat. I think QVC needs a complete makeover from the top down.