Contributor

If QVC is Dipping its Feet in the Pre-Loved High-End Designer Market, Please Do So Properly

I noticed a while ago that QVC started carrying pre-loved Louis Vuitton and Gucci, etc. This may be a good thing for shoppers who really want a high-end designer bag, but can't afford the "new" prices. However, if you're going to venture into this market, your descriptions have to be far more thorough if you want to avoid returns. Including the fact that a bag has been authenticated is nice and a good start, but saying that the condition is "good" means nothing in the real world. Your good and my good may be totally different. If there are scuffed corners, have photos that clearly show the scuffs and their extent. That way, buyers can make an educated decision when deciding to spend their hard-earned cash on these bags. Vintage/pre-loved bags can also come with that "old bag smell"....if that's the case, you definitely need to include that too for those with sensitivities. Just wanted to put this out there in case "the powers that be" actually take these suggestions to heart. I buy high-end in both the new and pre-loved markets, and having done so for many years, I think these tips are fair and worth paying attention to, IMHO. Thanks!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: If QVC is Dipping its Feet in the Pre-Loved High-End Designer Market, Please Do So Properly

This is great advice!  I'm a long time buyer of preowned LV and there are so many issues that could determine whether a bag is worthy of the price being asked or if one would be happy with the bag once it arrived.  I'm uber picky and only buy like new or new bags and only from a select few places.  

Honored Contributor

Re: If QVC is Dipping its Feet in the Pre-Loved High-End Designer Market, Please Do So Properly

Great advice.  My BFF gifted me her LV collection.  At 76 she had luxury bags that she had not used in years.  I bought a pre-owned wallet and shoulder strap for the Neverfull tote.  The site I used gives all that info along with telling us if the items are fair, good, excellent,  pristine condition.  I only looked at things that were very good to pristine.  I was thrilled with my purchases.  

Respected Contributor

@MissALuvintheQ  Your point about accurate descriptions is so important when shopping for resale.  Certainly a factor in deciding value.  There are so many resale sites like Ebay including auctions where the buyer sets the price, potentially getting a great deal.  The prices on the resale items on the Q seem very high.