Frequent Contributor

If I Remember Correctly regarding Shipping

It seems to me that at one time I read you could pay QVC a one- time fee to opt out of "slow boat to China" shipping and get regular USPS or UPS shipping on all items you order. If that is true I would love to have the option. I guess I have been spoiled by Amazon Prime.
Respected Contributor

Re: If I Remember Correctly regarding Shipping

That would be fabulous, but that is the first I've heard of it.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, I never heard of it either and I have been around a long time.

Honored Contributor

They used to have that option on a per order basis, but I've never heard of it being a one-time fee.

Honored Contributor

What other option is there, besides Fed Ex and you'd pay extra for it?  Amazon is slipping in it's delivery promises.  As I predicted, they are going downhill.  Promising more than you can handle will take you down.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

They used to have that option on a per order basis, but I've never heard of it being a one-time fee.

Yes @geezerette  I used that all the time.

On each order, you could click down and select USPS or UPS which was generally a tiny amount more.

I always selected UPS since he would always bring it right into the office and hand it to me.  Well worth the extra 50 cents!  UPS was at least 2 days faster.

My mailman will spend 10 mins. attaching 37 rubber bands to my box so he can hang it OUTSIDE on the flag in the rain and snow.

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I think there is still a choice, per each order.

But if you select and pay for expedited shipping, that's just the shipping. Your item could still be "in process" for days before it ships.

Respected Contributor

Years ago I would get numerous emails from QVC with surveys and a few asking if I would be interested in attending group discussions along with other customers at their West Chester headquarters.  I think I received the invites because I am in Philadelphia, not that far away.  Several of the surveys included different types of shipping options, and what choices would encourage me to buy more, and what choices I didn't care about.  One of the questions that showed up a few times was how I would feel about a one-time, maybe once a year ? shipping fee.  No indication of how much the one time fee would cost. 

No doubt such a thing made its way to these boards for discussion.

Honored Contributor

After an item leaves the QVC warehouse they no longer have control over the shipping.  So an opt out of any kind of shipping would not be up to QVC.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

I  signed up with ups my choice. It was $40.00 & they automatically upgrade orders to ups delivery. You get them earlier than usps. Only small items don't qualify. It works great for me. We don't have a home mailbox. We have to walk or drive to a central mail delivery for our subdivision. If you only want to do it once or twice I think it's $3.50 per upgrade.