Valued Contributor

If Anyone at Dooney & Bourke is taking suggestions...

I really like the TSV today: Selleria Domed Satchel. I see there is another Selleria Satchel on Dooney.com that I probably would love.

Dooney: multiple buyers request outside pockets, yet many of your bags continue to exclude this feature.

Personal pet peeve: steel gray bags should have Palladium hardware, NOT gold.

I love the Florentine bags, have several, but I'm looking for my perfect bag...and here's what it would be:

Satchel, handles must move out of the way, crossbody strap, outside (preferably large, run the length and width of bag) zipper pocket(s), glove leather inside liner, NO large slip pocket (just zipper pocket on 1 wall, 2 slip pockets other wall) ...even a middle zipper compartment, like a tote, would be great. Opening like the zip zip satchels (wide)

Gold hardware is fine on warmer tones, Palladium on grays.(black either/or)

I love Florentine

That would be my perfect bag.

Just putting it out there, in case someone at Dooney is listening...😬

Honored Contributor

Re: If Anyone at Dooney & Bourke is taking suggestions...

@Quselol  -  I love that deep gray with the gold hardware.

However, whatever they do with any of the smooth leathers is okay with me -  Smooth is too career/dressy for me.  I want pebble, but only if the hardware is gold.

Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Quselol  -  I love that deep gray with the gold hardware.

However, whatever they do with any of the smooth leathers is okay with me -  Smooth is too career/dressy for me.  I want pebble, but only if the hardware is gold.

@millieshops Some people like the gold with gray, that's ok,  it's just a personal pet peeve of mine. I've been looking for a Dooney grey handbag with silver for a very long time. I feel, at this point, the "gold hardware on grey bag" crowd have choices, but the silver, not so much. I have a gray Toscana Domed Satchel, palladium hardware, love love love.....except the handles don't move out of the way. I love that bag so much, I bought several colors. THAT bag, with handles that move out of the way...silver hardware on cool tones, gold on warm...I'm pretty certain I'd buy every color there was 

I don't mind the gold on the Pebble for some odd reason...maybe because many of the Pebble leathers have a warm tone contrast to them..and they wear like iron...another plus😁

Honored Contributor

@QuseWe all like what we like!

I'm so glad not to have any need for a black bag beyond the Bellini crossbody I found at Marshalls a few years ago.  I refuse to spend good money on a black bag with any white metal hardware when all my decent jewelry is gold.

Honored Contributor

@Quse   I agree with your desire for silver hardware on the gray bags.  There's something about the gold that just offends the senses.  It's like a sour note on a musical instrument.  Probably why I don't have a gray bag.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

My pet peeves are: 

Shiny leather - if it's real lea rtf het, I want to see the grain or pebble texture, not something that looks like plastic; and

Dooney name instead of duck logo. I don't want anyone to know how much I spent on a bag so would much rather have the cute duck logo.  

Valued Contributor

@VancouverUSAgal wrote:

My pet peeves are: 

Shiny leather - if it's real lea rtf het, I want to see the grain or pebble texture, not something that looks like plastic; and

Dooney name instead of duck logo. I don't want anyone to know how much I spent on a bag so would much rather have the cute duck logo.  

I don't really like the duck logo, but it's not a deal breaker for me. It's nice in that the duck blends into the bag. I don't like the dooney name spelled out and written in gold, but I do like the bags with the Dooney name on a plated piece...although, it does add weight to the bag.