Frequent Contributor

So I loook forward to the kitchen shows, that's just who I am, so WHY does the Q make the whole eps of Mary and David's show a "Gourmet Holiday"  program instead what the name of the REAL show is called?? They should just list it as Goumet Holiday with Mary or David. I like to see kitchen gadgets not 4 hours of food in the kitchen shows. So disappointed learning Mary's show was ALL FOOD!!  UGGGGGGGG . . . . 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ITKWM or ITKWD or . . . .

@libdem  Agreed! I know that holiday shows are going to have their fair share of food, but I look forward to the new kitchen gadgets. In fact, I give them as Christmas gifts. Also, there was something strange going on with Mary's show today. Not on point.

Respected Contributor

Glad I didn't watch.

Honored Contributor

I rarely watch the so-called "kitchen" shows because usually it's more food than gadgets or appliances and I have never/would never buy food from any shopping channel.

Valued Contributor

Agree should not had been called  IN THE KITCHEN WITH  Mary today,as she sat there for 4 hours with a throw/blanket around her lap ,didn't see her get up once  and didn't look like a kitchen that she was sitting in,didn't see her trying any of the foods ,yes I know she has to eat gluten free,but try something unless it is going back to host not trying any of the foods.

Agree they should had said 4 HOURS OF GOURMET FOODS FOR THE HOLIDAYS WITH MARY,give us some lead way if we will be wanting to watch.

Trusted Contributor

I too was disappointed in the show today.  I quickly turned it off and in fact just turned the tv off all together,  Rainy stormy day here in NE Florida so I just took a nap instead.

I don't watch the food shows at all and in my opinion there are far too many of them, but the food must sell or they wouldn't have it on all the time.  I just turn the channel when food is on the same as I do when Beauty or electronics are on.

Respected Contributor

I almost never watch ITKWM....but I do watch ITKWD on Wednesday and Sunday.....

Esteemed Contributor

I always loved the kitchen shows.  I have been watching for many many years. I watched the shows when Bob Bowersox was there. I remember all we saw was a vacuum cleaner in between as a Today's Special.

After he left I lost interest in watching. One day I happen to glance and saw so many sweets and their gourmet stuff that it made me sick.

I shop a lot but from the website. I guess the saying "you can't go back home" is true. It would never be the same.

Esteemed Contributor

I imagine that first, the margins for Qurate are higher on food than kitchen appliances and gadgets.

Also, food is often a repeat order.  Auto-delivery and replenishment.  Customers are continually buying food.

Can openers and frying pans, not so much.

Bottom line,  food is good for Qurate's bottom line.  It's not going away.

Honored Contributor

It was announced several times that the shows would be all food.  Its the time of year when pre-holiday ordering is presented.  They have shows for everyone.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)