Occasional Visitor

INCLUDE SAMPLE IN ANY KIND OF PRODUCT WITH FRAGRANCE

QVC SHOULD PROVIDE A SAMPLE OF WHATEVER PRODUCT YOU ORDER IN THE PACKAGE....THAT WAY, YOU CAN OPEN THE SAMPLE, TRY IT, AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN YOU CAN SEND THE ENTIRE ORDER BACK, UNTOUCHED AND READY FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO PURCHASE!  I ORDERED BEEKMAN SET WITH THE MANDARIN SCENT....OPENED THE BODY CREAM TO GET A WHIFF, AND DID NOT LIKE IT....SO NOW I'M SENDING THIS SET BACK...WITH BREACHED PRODUCT....THEY WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO THROW IT OUT....WHAT A WASTE!

IF QVC WOULD INCLUDE A SAMPLE IN ANY AND ALL PRODUCT THAT HAS FRAGRANCE, IT WOULD SAVE A TON OF MONEY ON THE RETURNS....THOUGHTS?

Respected Contributor

Re: INCLUDE SAMPLE IN ANY KIND OF PRODUCT WITH FRAGRANCE

@Sissy0930 

Your idea makes great sense....unfortunately, common sense is not abundantly common !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

I have been doing that for years when buying a new makeup or skincare product in some stores.I always take a sample with the full product. When I get home I use up the sample first. If I did not like the product I return the full size unopened. Many stores stopped taking opened skincare or makeup products back, but they always take unopened back.

Esteemed Contributor

I think this is a wonderful idea.  I can't believe that it would not improve sales.  I will never purchase a fragrance online unless I have smelled it before. I refuse to pay 10 dollars to take a sniff.  I always purchase unscented in skincare.  I am just not that willing to take a gamble and I doubt that I am the only one.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

That's a fabulous idea! That would be extremely helpful all around

Honored Contributor

I would imagine that would be up to the vendor to supply, if they were willing or able.  I'm not sure who takes the hit for returned skin care/cosmetics.

WEN will often have a sample size of new fragrances/cleansing conditioners in their orders.

Honored Contributor

It's a good idea but it would be up to the vendor, not QVC.  Also to avoid confusion with customers, all of the vendors would have to agree to to this which isn't as easy as people think.  Samples must be designed/manufactured/stored/put into the packages.  The correct packages.  The cost of returned products has already been factored into the prices they charge so it would not actually save QVC or the vendor any money.