Honored Contributor

Here we go again-I ordered a pair of Earth sandals listed as IN-STOCK.

The delivery date keeps changing so I went in to cancel the order.  Amazingly there was a cancel option but the item still shows as "Estimated Delivery".

According to Customer Service I cannot cancel an item being shipped directly from the vendor.

Seriously?  Very deceptive - no let me change that - lying sales tactics.

I could have ordered directly from Earth, saved on shipping (they ship free both ways) and had the darn sandals by now.

If they were not in-stock, and I was not made aware that this is a vendor-shipped item, I should be able to cancel this order..

Shameful, misleading, and poor service.  Again.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: IN-STOCK vs. VENDOR SHIPPED

@Cakers3    It's not shameful; it's unavoidable and the way things are right now.  The shipment is undoubtedly on the way but has experienced delays which neither QVC or any other merchant has control over.  Do a little reading online on "shipping conditions in Asia". 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Cakers3    It's not shameful; it's unavoidable and the way things are right now.  The shipment is undoubtedly on the way but has experienced delays which neither QVC or any other merchant has control over.  Do a little reading online on "shipping conditions in Asia". 

@Kachina624   Do not list an item as "in-stock" if it is not in a Q warehouse.

We see "back-ordered" here and there and that is fine.  I would have a choice.

If the item was advertised as "back-ordered" I would not have ordered.

I don't need instruction regarding shipping delays.

This is about advertising.

Period.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624   Do not list an item as "in-stock" if it is not in a Q warehouse.

We see "back-ordered" here and there and that is fine.  I would have a choice.

If the item was advertised as "back-ordered" I would not have ordered.

I don't need instruction regarding shipping delays.

This is about advertising.

Period.

@Cakers3  I totally agree with you...

Most of us are not living in a cave and are well informed from many news outlets that shipping locally, nationally and around the world has major issues.

All retailers should put on their site what is back ordered and what is in stock. In some cases they do...like Amazon. QVC doesn't...and I don't see 'back ordered' til after I order an item.

Not wanting to lose sales I'm sure is a big part of the reason. I'm sure QVC is seeing that many folks who wind up with an item going to back order status wind up canceling when/if they can anyway.

So far I haven't done so, but I have been tempted from time to time. Thankfully I don't need anything in a hurry.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I disagree completely.

Who says IN Stock only means Q warehouse?  In stock could be at the vendors warehouse also.

I ordered 2 pairs of shoes from a well known online.  Both listed as In stock.  They were....one by them, the other was in stock at the Vendor and it did take 2 wks longer.  Nothing false about it.

You are throwing around a lot of unfair names.  I do not find it to be any of those.

Nothing false, misleading etc.  QVC deals with thousands and thousands of items.  The system shows the item as available.  The delays could be processing and shipping, not stock.

If you are displeased with the movement of the order, contact the Moderators to see if they can help you with a resolution.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  @Cakers3   Technically the items are not backordered because they're in transit, they just haven't arrived.  Perhaps you could suggest a better word for them to used to describe the pending arrival situation? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I ordered cakes for a future ship date.  Ship date came and went.  Then a new ship date was posted.  I waited.  Then another new ship date was posted so I emailed a cancellation to social.  The return email said the cancellation was being processed.  Cakes arrived today!  Order still shows July ship date.  I bought cakes locally because I needed something for the weekend.  I am having a cake explosion in my kitchen!  To top it off the QVC cakes arrived at room temperature and icing was smeared all over the packing collar.  What a mess!  QVC can keep their cakes.  I am tired of the misinformation.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Over the past three or four years, QVC has transitioned to having the majority of the items it sells be fulfilled through vendors. That is the primary reason why orders go to "In Process" immediately after you place them—to make sure there is ample time to get the order details from QVC's system to the vendor's system so your order is connected to inventory and can be filled. It's also the reason so many orders stay in "Preparing Your Order" for such a long time; the vendor tells QVC that it has received the order and is packing it up for shipment so QVC can post that detail online, but even with any service level agreements that may be in place, some vendors are more quick to process and ship than others. The fashion category seems to be most affected by this approach. (Not sure why it always takes so much longer to get a top than a kitchen gadget or home decor item, but that's definitely my experience!)