Esteemed Contributor

IDEA: Change "One Time Only" to "This Show Only"

There have been many iterations of the titles/classifications of special pricing on QVC over the years, but the recent "One Time Only" that is used to refer to an offer available only during a specific show could potentially cause confusion and frustration for customers. My suggestion is to be very literal and use "This Show Only" as the name for the deal; it's nice and short, precisely descriptive, and represents the intended sense of urgency in taking advantage of the price. (And it fits the timeframe approach used for other pricing such as "Today's Special Value" and "Today Only Price.")

That's my two-cents' worth for the night...  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: IDEA: Change "One Time Only" to "This Show Only"

Sounds like a very reasonable request and more accurately described!

Honored Contributor

I always assumed it meant during that show only since if it was one day only they would say one day.  But I guess to clear up any doubt or question it wouldn't hurt.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think you are confused. The One Time Only price lasts all day. It isn't for that show only.  Sometimes they will say this price is only good for this show or these easy pays are for this hour only.  I think you have misunderstood the concept.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The "One Day Only" pricing has been around for awhile but recently converted to "Today Only," likely for clarification purposes. The "One Time Only" that refers only to pricing for a specific show has been in place for just a month or so; it seems like a good idea to clear things up early in the game.

Interestingly, you can also search for offers on the website under "One Day Only," "Today Only," "One Time Only," and similar phrases throughout each day, so it would probably be a good idea for QVC to do some overall cleanup on its terminology. (All the problems with the site's search functionality are a task/topic for another day!)

ETA: @elated - It appears that you are proving my point; the change in terms and offer names is already causing some confusion.

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

The "One Day Only" pricing has been around for awhile but recently converted to "Today Only," likely for clarification purposes. The "One Time Only" that refers only to pricing for a specific show has been in place for just a month or so; it seems like a good idea to clear things up early in the game.

Interestingly, you can also search for offers on the website under "One Day Only," "Today Only," "One Time Only," and similar phrases throughout each day, so it would probably be a good idea for QVC to do some overall cleanup on its terminology. (All the problems with the site's search functionality are a task/topic for another day!)

ETA: @elated - It appears that you are proving my point; the change in terms and offer names is already causing some confusion.

They all mean the same with interchangeable terms. I think the Q does this to confuse their customers and think they have to buy immediately. It won't be changed anytime soon because it is all about the bottom line. You made a good point but it is falling on deaf ears. 

Esteemed Contributor

@elated - What you have stated is incorrect. The items in the "One Time Only" category are different from the items in the other categories I've mentioned, and the expiration timeframe for the special pricing depends on the category. You can do a QVC search right now with the terms I referenced and see the differences, and you can do the same searches later in the day tomorrow to see varying results if additional One Time Only offers pop up. This is exactly why I'm saying the current terms are confusing and could cause problems for customers who want to take advantage of all the deals.

Honored Contributor

I saw an item during an IT Cosmetics show that I watched Saturday with JRT and it was a One Time Only.  The price was good only during Jane's show and at the end of her show, the price went back up.  It was not good for the entire day like a This Day Only is.

QVC used to do this back in the day and they were called a One Time Only back then as well.  HSN used to do This Show Only deals and quit doing it.

A lot of people complain about pricing good for just a specific show because if you aren't watching that particular show, you miss the special pricing.