Honored Contributor

I would like to see a forum topic devoted exclusively to the old Q days

Anyone remember when Jane did the baseball shows?

Respected Contributor

Re: I would like to see a forum topic devoted exclusively to the old Q days

I am a decades Q customer too and miss lots of things that were different and yes I’ll say it... Better then, ie, quality of items, customer service, etc. 

But posting and wishing only makes it feel worse, for me anyway. 

Gotta accept what is- Don’t look back.  

Honored Contributor

I started with QVC in the very beginning 86-87 and my membership number started out 11______. I had a two yr old and 7 yr old and worked so I wasn't glued to my TV. My first purchase was SG Sport Fuschia skirt and unstructured jacket. My goodness.

Honored Contributor

I'm on the bandwagon for bringing back some of the old types of merchandise, programming, contests/games, etc.

In fashion, home decor and just about every other aspect of life, there are cycles, and everything old is new again. 

QVC needs to consider that and revisit some of the things and ways of the past. I think they'd be surprised how well received they might be.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1  I'm with you.  QVC used to have so many useful products.  And I mean all different types of products.  Now they have the same old thing over and over and over... again.  It is sickening.  I do not watch QVC anymore and do not order hardly anything unless I see it mentioned on the boards and check it out myself.  I know they can come up with a better makeup line than IT cosmetics....  The fashion stuff is the same way and no household helper type products like they used to have....

Honored Contributor

I'm ancient compared to the kids in their 20's and 30's, but I'm nevertheless taking a few pages from their books and using my spare dollars for experiences and for tech.

I am really enjoying digging through my older QVC purchases and using them more, though, so maybe there's a market there among enough buyers that some of the older type items would make sense.  Just not at all sure which ones even as I know I'm not their target audience.

Respected Contributor

I can only reminisce to a point: I wouldn't want to focus on it endlessly.

That being said, I agree with other posters who wish the Q would return to presenting a VARIETY of products.

But it's not going to happen. Money talks.

Honored Contributor

As years go by and times change, what sells changes too.

While I liked the variety of QVC 20+ years ago, and had the $$ to purchase, a place to put it and a use for whatever it was, that isn’t necessarily the case any more.

Whether I enjoy a presentation and watch (or not) doesn’t correlate to whether I buy. I used to enjoy watching many collectibles programs, but I no longer have room to collect anything so no matter how much I enjoy watching I’m not going to buy.

Multiply me by thousands (I’m an ordinary Baby Boomer, lots like me out there) and no business, QVC or anyone else, can afford to entertain us if we don’t buy.  The items no longer offered didn’t sell in quantity to make it worth QVC’s while to keep selling them.

Almost nothing about buying and selling online is new any more. We’re getting jaded; we would still be less impressed if they brought mdse back tomorrow. It would somehow “not be the same”, not as enjoyable - and we don’t even realize that it’s just because...yawn...bt;dt - we’ve seen it all, or very similar. It’s not unique any more.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I'm ancient compared to the kids in their 20's and 30's, but I'm nevertheless taking a few pages from their books and using my spare dollars for experiences and for tech.

I am really enjoying digging through my older QVC purchases and using them more, though, so maybe there's a market there among enough buyers that some of the older type items would make sense.  Just not at all sure which ones even as I know I'm not their target audience.

I'm with you @millieshops.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I don't want to go back and think about what used to be at Q.  It's a long sad story to get to where they are now.  But it won't change.  They sell what people buy.  It still boggles my mind that people buy electronics (they never sell the most current model), mattresses, and food from Q.