Contributor

I would appreciate knowing upfront if a skin care or make up product has a strong or strance odor.

Honored Contributor

Re: I would appreciate knowing upfront if a skin care or make up product has a strong or strance odo

If that odor lasts longer than the time it takes to massage the product in, I'd also want to know.

I use several Perricone products.  They have distinctive odors (or aromas since that's really a subjective judgement), but they disappear even before I walk away from the sink where I apply them.  Thus, because I like the feel and the results, I don't object to the quick odor/aroma.

I do understand users care.  I know that I truly can't stand shampoos or bath gels that have strong fruit odors.  I don't even like raspberry vinegrette salad dressings!

Honored Contributor

Re: I would appreciate knowing upfront if a skin care or make up product has a strong or strance odo

I think that's a tough one. Scents are so subjective, even whether a scent is strong is something people often don't agree upon. I've bought products that I couldn't use because the scent was so strong or so bad and others will say they notice no scent or that it has a pleasant or light scent.

The WEN Fall Apple Spice scent was so strong and mapley sweet to me that it made me feel sick in the shower. I describe it as heavily maple and sickly sweet. Chaz calls it the "most spicy" of the fall scents and thinks it's light on the maple. Some people say it's their favorite scent and smell apples more than maple. Things just don't smell the same to everyone.

Honored Contributor

yes, as ChynnaBlue said, it is subjective if a scent is strong or not. We've had many debates on the WEN forum about scents and what people smell and if things are strong or not. It is amazing the difference in our interpretations of the scents!

With that said, they could state if it has fragrance or not, which should be listed in the ingredient list. However, some products may still have a strong odor due to one of the ingredients in it and not an added fragrance. But again, one person may detect the odor and others may not. So again, it is all subjective.

Contributor

Contributor

T

Contributor

Thank you ladies for the input and you both make good points, I have had a problem with the odor of a couple of expensive skin care creams.I am trying to get used to the one I received a few days ago as I hate to send it back, but cost too much to keep if I can't use it.  I am very sensitive to scents.

Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you Millieshops. I am trying to get used to cold plasma, hopefully I can ☺

Trusted Contributor

I would appreciate knowing upfront if it is tested on animals and if it contains animal products.  I prefer not to have to do all the research to make a thoughtful decision on a skincare product.  I guess that's why I don't buy any skincare or makeup from the Q anymore.  

Respected Contributor

I would like to know if cosmetics and washes contain micro plastic beads.

Groups are working hard to ban them in CA as they get into waterways and endanger fish and wildlife.