Frequent Contributor

I wish QVC would hire some handicapped hosts

There are many presentations they could handle. Not just mobility scooters either. Maybe they would  have to be seated, but so what.  Many hosts sit anyway. Of course they would have to get trained, but so do all new hosts.  I am passionate about this.

Honored Contributor

Re: I wish QVC would hire some handicapped hosts

That's a wonderful idea, but in order to do so, they would need a qualified applicant.

QVC and all other employers hire from a qualified group of applicants who suit their need and who can do the job.

It is illegal to disqualify someone who has a disability if they can do the job with a reasonable accommodation.

I wonder if any physically disabled people have applied.....

Honored Contributor

Why?  I'm sure the corporation has many handicapped employees.  No reason the "showcase" them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

For all we (the viewers) know, one or more of the hosts may have a handicap. I certainly didn't go around and tell other employees about my epilepsy! It wasn't anyone's business. It certainly would not be a customer's business. QVC is a huge company. They have to meet their requirements under the law. Many handicaps are hidden from view. Give QVC a break. They are WAY ahead of you. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@hari wrote:

There are many presentations they could handle. Not just mobility scooters either. Maybe they would  have to be seated, but so what.  Many hosts sit anyway. Of course they would have to get trained, but so do all new hosts.  I am passionate about this.

And what makes you think none of the present hosts qualify as "handicapped"?????????????

Not all disabilities "show" on the outside.

Like you, I am passionate about this too.

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...