Trusted Contributor

I wish QVC would bring back...

I really miss Sports Savvy; I have items I bought years ago and they've held up very well.

What do you all wish the Q would bring back?

Respected Contributor

Re: I wish QVC would bring back...

I, too enjoyed Sports Savvy.  It was a better quality than alot of the casual sportswear they sell now.  

I also liked the Glass (I cannot remember the name)  They sold chactzkes and vases.  It was made in the USA, and I do remember they were set to close down and due to a Q fan request, they continued on for a while longer, but I no longer see them at all.

Someone please help me with the name of the company!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

Was it Fenton Art Glass? I'm not much of a chatzke collector but I have several of their pieces, mostly birds, that I enjoy very much.

Super Contributor

@redwingsgalwrote:

I, too enjoyed Sports Savvy.  It was a better quality than alot of the casual sportswear they sell now.  

I also liked the Glass (I cannot remember the name)  They sold chactzkes and vases.  It was made in the USA, and I do remember they were set to close down and due to a Q fan request, they continued on for a while longer, but I no longer see them at all.

Someone please help me with the name of the company!

Fenton Glass..have many pieces also loved the country Living quilts

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FuzzyFace , QVC would probably argue that there are items in the present D&C collection which offer the same type of style and fabrics as Sports Savvy.  Never say never, but I don't think Sports Savvy will be resurrected unless they do decide return D&C to being a casual collection with primary emphasis on denim, and then there would be a place for a separate casual collection of knits.  Forgive me if I've mixed up Sports Savvy with Fashion Formulas.  

@redwingsgal Fenton Art Glass is beautiful, but QVC probably will never go back to having full hours of shows dedicated to a brand of collectibles.  The best we can hope for is a show like the Valerie Parr Hill shows, but the inventory could be an assortment from name brand collectibles like Fenton.  My favorites from the former collectible lines offered on QVC  are Capodimonte and Lladro. 

Respected Contributor

@FuzzyFacewrote:

Was it Fenton Art Glass? I'm not much of a chatzke collector but I have several of their pieces, mostly birds, that I enjoy very much.

YES!!  It was!!  Thanks, @FuzzyFace

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fenton Art Glass has its own website if it's still in business; I thought it was getting ready to close down a few years ago. If it's still there, you can always buy direct from them.

One thing to keep in mind re Fenton is that their pieces are beautiful but delicate and prone to chipping or cracking if not handled carefully; I found that out the hard way. And I should add that it's worth the effort, which isn't that much anyway.

ETA: For your shopping pleasure...:-)...

http://www.fentonartglass.com/

Trusted Contributor

Skinnytees !!  Heart

Respected Contributor

Jessica Holbrook/Dialogue.

Respected Contributor

Birkenstocks!!!!