Occasional Visitor

I want WARM RICH COLORS of clothing for spring and summer

I know I am not the majority, but I have freckles, reddish brown hair and I look best in bright warm colors.    So in the spring and summer most of what is offered by every designer is pink, black, white, cool red, blue, light yellow, light green. None of these look good on me.   Can somone include a color choice for my skin type, just one.  I want short sleeved things that are warm brown, it is my best color, not black. Brown is a basic for some of us.  And tan, cream, ivory instead of white.  What's wrong with adding in a warm dark olive, bright orange, lime green more often in spring and summer.  It seems when you do have these colors they sell out quickly.   Come on Susan Graver...not just the bright jewel cool tones, please.  Denim & Company... please add some warm color choices for us.

Respected Contributor

Re: I want WARM RICH COLORS of clothing for spring and summer

@Moonfire

Check out Linea here at QVC; this spring (and usually all seasons) he offers olives, dark olives, chocolate and espresso, copper, umber, all lovely warm toned colors but in spring/summer styles.  They sell out fast, so many items (pants especially) might be limited now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never wear pastels; they look terrible on me; I prefer bright colors like fuchsia, turquoise, mango, etc. Hard to find on QVC. I think QVC is catering to older women and assuming we all wear little old lady colors....most of us don't!  Also, mauve went out of style 20 years ago, by the way.....

Super Contributor

@lovesrecess 

What exactly are "little old lady colors"?

Regular Contributor

@author wrote:

@Moonfire

Check out Linea here at QVC; this spring (and usually all seasons) he offers olives, dark olives, chocolate and espresso, copper, umber, all lovely warm toned colors but in spring/summer styles.  They sell out fast, so many items (pants especially) might be limited now.

That's the thing - "new" colors sell out fast in a lot of the lines, and all that is left is the "standard" colors that everyone has already. So they may have had a color you might like, but it could have sold out before the on-air presentation.

If there's a clothing item that I know fits me well, I'll periodically do a sweep of the website to see if new colors are in stock.

The line that always has the most color choices, I've found, is Denim & Co. in the clothing items that are the perennial favorites.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

I never wear pastels; they look terrible on me; I prefer bright colors like fuchsia, turquoise, mango, etc. Hard to find on QVC. I think QVC is catering to older women and assuming we all wear little old lady colors....most of us don't!  Also, mauve went out of style 20 years ago, by the way.....

@lovesrecess Shows how different we all are, these clothing manufacturers cannot make us all happy.  I'm 47 and do not wear those colors. 

Frequent Contributor

AMEN!!!!   The latest shoe colors are disappointing too for this spring & summer.  WE NEED MORE VIBRANT COLORS!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I look better in tropical tones. Muted colors and pastels just don’t look good on me. I would like to see more color variety in QVC fashions - something for everyone. 

Honored Contributor

I've always wondered if a stick figure designs clothes because of all the gawdy prints and horizontal stripes.   What are they thinking!

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

I'm a little old lady who agrees with you!  Smiley Happy   Actually, I consider myself middle aged even though I'm in my 60s.