Honored Contributor

I'm not complaining, but.....

There have been a lot of Christmas clearance type shows the last few days on both QVC channels, including Alberti hosting and a You're Home with Jill. 

Why couldn't we have had more of these during the season? We have begged for over a year for Alberti to host Christmas, and help develop lines of products, and Jill's shows this year were almost non existent, especially with holiday decor in them. 

So you save it all till after Christmas? 

I'm loving watching, but how about next year, you get this programming and host choices on air BEFORE Christmas as well? 

Please and Thank You!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm not complaining, but.....

Sticking good host's with the impossible tasks.

Honored Contributor

I totally agree.  I also wish that they had provided some of the recent fashion  days during the Christmas shopping period. Some jewelry gift shows would have been nice also.   I'll never understand who, at QVC, selects the items that they deem desirable for Christmas gifting.  (Flash lights, ladders, dusting tools, scrubbies, vacuums etc.)

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I totally agree.  I also wish that they had provided some of the recent fashion  days during the Christmas shopping period. Some jewelry gift shows would have been nice also.   I'll never understand who, at QVC, selects the items that they deem desirable for Christmas gifting.  (Flash lights, ladders, dusting tools, scrubbies, vacuums etc.)

I'm all for practical presents but this year seemed to me like that is all that was being presented (besides fashion...ugh) for that last month before Christmas. Maybe I just wasn't tuning in at the right times, but the dusters and other heavily repeated couple of practical things were on over and over and over....and there were almost no You're Home with Jill shows for just holiday decor (even early in the season). 

Don't know what they are thinking! LOL

Honored Contributor

It's called "clearing out the warehouse" to make room for "new" stuff.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Yes, they need the warehouse space for incoming Spring items.  'Still', it would have been nice for a 'Christmas 'Clearance' Day' a couple of weeks before Christmas, featuring some of the recent Christmas/Holiday clearance items.  Although it wouldn't be as profitable in the long run, right?.  (?) 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@Krimpette. They had more fashion shows than ever before this year during the holiday period including a "fashion day" in December.

It's almost like they delibertly suppress decorating shows by Alberti, like they dont want him competing with and surpassing Valerie and Jill.  If WE know he's very talented, they surely know it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette I totally agree with you! Well said.

Super Contributor

One way to "clear out the warehouse" and have a truly "clearance" show would be to offer 20% off all clearance and "as is" merchandise.  Bet that would move some merchandise quickly as well as providing QVC with needed space and a profit.  

Highlighted
Contributor

I totally agree.  The program choices for gifts were pretty lame this year, and by October we saw little if any home decor items.  I'm sure it's only a matter of days before we have non-stop gardening programs to make us long for Spring!