Super Contributor

I like the on air presentations now

Now, because of social distancing, the host shows the item fully and clearly. The models clearly show the item. The camera is on the items not on the guest. Sometimes the vendor wants to be a personality and makes dumb jokes and puts their hands all over the item or block the item with their body. Hosts and vendors sometimes frantically walk all over the set and the camera is following them not showing the product. Or the camera is showing the vendor at full length and not doing a closeup of the product. We don't need the vendors. Keep the vendors on the phone.
Occasional Contributor

Re: I like the on air presentations now

U r 100% right!!!   My fav host is Amy!!   The vedors r 2 much!  I laugh  @ their commets about colors w other colors just to sell their products.  The best 1 is Jill Mart.

Esteemed Contributor

The new format of product presentations with a sole host, has been a low key, no frills approach. It is refreshing, and reminds me the early days, but it presents a greater challenge for the hosts. 

While this is a nice temporary change, I like when there is a host and a brand ambassador, as the ambassadors are usually better at product demonstrations, and more knowledgeable about the product.

I think all of the hosts are doing a terrific job while faced with very challenging circumstances, and I APPRECIATE each of them-especially David😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

But are people buying? That's what matters to a business.

Respected Contributor

I like the new no-frills format too, but it all depends on how well the host does his/her job explaining the item. Some do better than others. For example, during a beauty presentation of a new item--a CC cream from a new brand--they did show a shade chart, but I like to see it on the models. They did show it on a model but the host SB never bothered to say which shade the model was wearing, so left me with no point of reference. I was interested  at first but did not order.. In other shows the host will say "Model is wearing the Light shade", etc, but others do not so makes it hard to know.

Esteemed Contributor

I was thinking about that the other day also....what a pleasure it has been not to have the distracting conversations (not about the products) and alot of 

the silliness 

Honored Contributor

I find it quite boring.  So I listen more than watch.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

It does seem super quiet now. Almost eerily so!
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I was thinking about that the other day also....what a pleasure it has been not to have the distracting conversations (not about the products) and alot of 

the silliness 

I totally agree.  It was getting to the point it was about the host's life and information on the vendor's personal life. Do we really need that?  Personally I want to know about the items being presented. 

Valued Contributor

@mjmm ITA agree with you!!! I am really enjoying watching QVC again! I'm not watching it muted as much as I used to. I'm enjoying watching hosts that used to be channel changers for me. Some hosts are really proving themselves & get better with each show. And other hosts that arent around anymore arent missed at all. I agree with the comment that circumstances do present a challenge for the hosts & the hosts that are meeting that challenge with a positive, reassuring & professional attitude are the ones showing they are the REAL talent @ the Q.