Regular Contributor

I hate this more recent way of displaying clothing!

Is anyone else annoyed by the way clothing is being shown more recently.? The host or hostess shows one item in one color and then the rest are displayed as screenshots from the website.  I find that this is not beneficial, as I could look online myself and see that.  The colors can appear differently on the computer monitor and I would much prefer seeing it shown by the hosts/hostesses.  The "live" product can look much differently.  If I am plunking down good dollars for an item, I would like to see the colors of the actual item on hangers and not as screenshots.  If QVC stopped doing this and resumed the old practice of showing all the variations of an item, it might cut down on the number of returns and improve customer service.  I realize that multiple hangers might be unwieldy for the hosts, but, after all it is part of the job.

So much for my rant for the day!  Anyone else bothered by this or am I just an old fuddy duddy????

Respected Contributor

Re: I hate this more recent way of displaying clothing!

When that happens I just assume it's because their shipment of the item hasn't arrived so they don't have the item in that color in the studio to display. I wouldn't think a retailer devoted to watching and seeing a product displayed live wants to hold back on showing it.

Trusted Contributor

@retiredatlast I've noticed that QVC2 often shows items that way & your right it is harder for me to envision the color of the item shown that way.  

Trusted Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

When that happens I just assume it's because their shipment of the item hasn't arrived so they don't have the item in that color in the studio to display. I wouldn't think a retailer devoted to watching and seeing a product displayed live wants to hold back on showing it.

If that were the case, couldn't the host take two minutes to explain why the other colors are only screen shots?  After all they seem to have time to talk about everything else unrelated to the product.

On the other hand, if the  other colors are not available because they are stuck in transit somewhere, I don't believe they should present the other colors until they actually have them in stock.  That's another source of customer dissatisfaction, to place an order and then to find out it's not available or sits in processing forever. 

Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me as it still beats shopping in a catalog plus we have the advantage of access to garment measurements.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I thought it was a cost-saving move.  

Anything that was an on-air sample, either on the rack or on host or model ... was sold as-is.  Could not be sold as new.

With the number of items and colors / patterns / sizes of clothes  ... that could really have a big effect on the "bottom line."

Honored Contributor

This has been chatted about here in the recent past. @retiredatlast   I agree it's pretty crazy. They're now doing exactly what we do - check out the goods online. If they're going to continue doing this, why have hosts?

Honored Contributor

I don't agree with stock not being there onsite @Etoile308. I say this because most of these shows and items they don't have right there for hosts to show, to touch themselves, to show colors and models wearing the fashions, most of these are old stock that have already been on in the past and now for some reason they no longer have the goods to show "live". It's just ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a top that had multiple colors in it and I thought one of them was black. Turned out it was dark navy.

Host never mentioned all the colors in each one and it looked like black on the Qvc page.

I was disappointed, but kept it anyway to wear with Navy.

Valued Contributor

I totally agree @retiredatlast . If QVC hasn’t  received the samples then why are they selling the item in a full array of colors and sizes across the board implying that they are ready to be shipped to the buyer?

Often there is a color discrepancy between the computer image and the way it appears in person in the studio. I have been disappointed more than once when catalog shopping at other companies, discovering when I received it that the item’s color or general appearance was quite different from their picture. So seeing an item “ live” on the QVC stage has been one of the advantages that has kept me shopping with them.