Super Contributor

Re: I hate this more recent way of displaying clothing!

100% agree with OP. It's probably a business or costs efficiency decision on QVC's part to show the rest of colors/patterns on screenshots instead of showing colors/patterns live in the studio. Still, on another website, I purchased a pair of pants that was supposed to be a mineral-wash black color. When I received them, they were the richest black color. I sent them back because that's not the color that was on the computer and description. To me, it's a world of difference to see the colors/patterns live on tv vs. a screenshot. I especially like to see the clothes on the models--and different size models. It gives me a great idea of how the outfit will look on different body shapes. 

Honored Contributor

@reviewer from sc    Agreed - and then they gripe at us when we do returns of things we thought we were buying when what we get isn't at all what we wanted nor what they described.

Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed this, but maybe because I don't watch a lot of clothing shows.  However, I really wouldn't like that either.  The pics on the webpage aren't that great to begin with.  As far as colors go, they can be off  even if it's a live show, but usually the host will point that out since they can see that the color doesn't look the same on their monitor.  

Valued Contributor

In the past 2 weeks, I watched 3 presentations of clothing items that were available in several colors. The only color that was presented by host was black. There were no models showing these items, only web screen shots of the other colors. If they can only show a single color, black is definitely not an ideal choice. It's impossible to show seaming, etc. 

Some of their clothing where only a single color is displayed (that seems tp usually be in black), there has been a previous presentation with all or most of the colors. I sometimes find earlier presentations of a QVC clothing item on youtube videos. 

What would David V do if he were only given one color of Vitamix or LocknLock to display?

Respected Contributor

@laluzdelmundo yes,you r being a Fuddy duddy,sorry

Contributor

I agree!  It is no different than catalogue shopping.

Honored Contributor

@retiredatlast

Photos might be all they have if their orders haven't yet arrived. 

Occasional Contributor

Totally argee and think this is a valid request. Need to see the colors on air because often times they look different online. I